• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Import] Models/Paths

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Stupid question, but I've found some amazing models, and I'm having trouble getting them to work. What are the paths I'd use for these files in the Import Manager?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Gregory & Bubbles.zip
    203 KB · Views: 40
For bubbles.mdx, you must import its texture (texture_bubbles) under the path texture_bubbles.blp (bubbles.mdx can stay as war3mapImported\bubbles.mdx)

The problem is that the texture in that pack is .tga, and not .blp. You can use BLP Lab:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tools-560/blp-lab-v0-5-0-a-137599/
To convert it. Then you just import the blp under the path textures_bubbles.blp (basically, remove the war3mapImported\ part).

As for DBZ-Gregory.obj, Bubbles.ms3d, and DBZGregory.max, those are all different model types (wavefront OBJ, milkshape 3D, and 3dsMax respectively). You don't need to do anything with bubbles.ms3d because the author already converted it to bubbles.mdx. As for the other two, you should probably make a post in the modeling and animation forum (or requests) to figure out how to convert OBJ/max to mdx (you'll probably need someone to do it for you, unless you have 3dsMax).

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.