• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Angelthorn, the Gnoll Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Close to now, i've finished the basics of a project and would like to request a small team who'd be interested in working with me to finish my "Angelthorn" Mini-campaign.

My story takes place 100 years in the future. After the events of TFT, Arthas returns to a region in the Plaguelands now named the Blightfields to create a new army, driven by the words "The Gnolls would create a formidable army... If only they quit fighting amongst themselves."

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66220

That thread has all of the details in it, consult it for any 'lore' issues you may have.

At the moment, i'm looking for:
1 Terrainer X
1 Quest Manager X
1 Storyline helpers X
1 Modeller/Skinner X

If you have any questions about the campaign, don't hesitate to ask.

Last edited:
Level 5
Im sure this will be a gret map dude! The story is very interesting and carefully thought out. The units a good as well, but one thing I dont like about them is that they all can gather lumber... seems more like a mass lumber cut down project. The good thing about heroes is that they all have different spells and also have a different amount of spells, that brings some change to the usuall maps with the same amount of everything everywhere.

So great story Revellion, but since Im a GUI triggerer I cant help you atm..

Level 5
Amazing what can appear in a few hours. I really thought this would take some time...

Anyway, here's a simple group of scenes on terrain. There isn't any real terrain to steal, but anyone who does, I send my little friend after them :infl_thumbs_up:

Attachments

• An example of my work.w3x
    28.4 KB · Views: 39
Level 5
@Mechmap- In hindsight, I could have probably worked a bit more on the terrain field a bit more, but to tell the truth, that's the first piece of mapping I've publicly shown anyone.

@Revellion- What sort of quest areas do you have in mind? A Gnoll camp? Murloc huts? Or something to do with one of the other races?

The Gnoll Stronghold is pretty much surrounded by trees, it has one arena to entertain yourself with, so far is only buildings, roads, some rocks and a few quest items.

A Kobold camping site has only a few tents and a catapult, i'm planning on expanding on that.

The Ogre Camp seems to be missing something, though it is a one-shot area.

Murlocs of various types have been scattered along the river of the map, brought into small tribes.

With limited space, the Undead bases of the "Zhulwood Legion" have been put together quite well, considering how difficult I want them to be. They don't look half bad either.

Level 5
Sounds fun. I could probably do the Undead base justice, and the arena just needs to be a large area with a few corpses for detail. The beast encampments, however, may be tricky. Have the Ogres and Murlocs changed much since FT?

Level 5
Ok. I can work my night hours my time on this, and it shouldn't be that big of a problem. I estamate a week of work+looking ingame to see if all fits well enough.

Level 5
Could you either e-mail or post the map that needs editing? It would help to see what we're up against, figuratively speaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.