• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Angelthorn (Mini)Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prologue:
Many generations have passed since Arthas took up Ner'Zhul's crown, and a new race has begun to thrive in the dying forests of Lordaeron. After witnessing countless wars between the Orcs and Humans, High Elves and Trolls and later, the Scourge and their masters in the Burning Legion, these quiet, brutish 'people' have come to face the now century old Lord of the Scourge... Arthas, the new Lich King.

Trolls have fallen victim to the blight that grips the lands, now warring with their own demented kin, the Forest Trolls have now faced off against their deathbound brothers, the Dark Trolls. Few could reach the new Troll King, few will survive the mighty war raging across the rotting countryside.

After enslaving the Kobold burrowers and converting some of their more... talented kin, this race has begun to set up a basic society by studying the remains of the Orcish structs and old ways. The remaining bands of Humanity have fallen into darkness, hiding itself away from Lordaeron, trying to escape the only fate worse than death... Capture by the curious, necromantic Scourge magi.

Now, finally with a true stronghold grasped in their paws, the Gnolls begin their own war against the Scourge.
Overview:
Playing as the heavily armed ex-Overseer of a newly-extinct tribe of Gnolls, Thort Blackpaw, you are alone, set out by a Seer to collect some certain objects for the Angelthorn Gnolls.

Early on in the story, you meet the Gladiator Champion, Yan Starpaw, and things start gaining stature in the outcome of the Angelthorn region as you defeat mighty Ogre Lords, bloodthirsty "lesser" Kings of the Zhulwood Undead 'Legion' and mighty Kobold Demigods.

Events will lead on much later to the point where Angelthorn is no longer an option when you must run to safety as you assault the small cave-city forged by the Undead guarding Lordaeron's Throne, which awaits its master, King Arthas.

Misc. Information:
The Orcish Horde is non-existant in this part of the world currently, there won't be any need for using them as a race.

Each hero replacement is loosely based upon its old Orcish counterpart.

This may or may not be a one-man project, depending on this projects needs.

SETS HAVE COME!

The first of hopefully many Sets have arrived! The Death Knight set has been scattered throughout the region, consisting of:
Death's Flange (Death Coil)
Book of Sacrifices (Death Pact)
Legion Doomhorn (Unholy Aura)
Staff of Reanimation (Animate Dead)

The next set planned will be the Slicer Set, a specialized set for Thort Blackpaw!

Character Information:

Thort Blackpaw:

The only survivor of the Shadowcap Gnoll's, aswell as its former Chief. An honour bound warrior with skills surrounding Stealth and controlled Savagery.
Windwalk - Self Explanatory
Mirror Image - Self Explanatory
Critical Strike - Self Explanatory
Raging Blades - Sends a flurry of metal and magic towards a target area. Each glaive will damage and stun the target it reaches.
Port - An ability given in special situations, such as the duel with Orbough, the Ogre Lord

ThortBlackpaw.jpg

Yan Starpaw:
Once a traitor sentenced to death in the Duelling Pits, Yan is a strong, spiritual warrior. After gaining influence with the spectating crowds, Yan was given his freedom, but still remains in the Pits to make himself stronger in the name of the Angelthorn Gnolls.
Ensnare - Capture a unit and bring flying units to the ground.
Feral Spirit - Pigs, being his favourite wild animal, were his first choice when he learned how to summon animal spirits.
Command Aura - Allows his pigs, his allies and himself to gain melee bonuses.
Reincarnation - Revive once killed.

YanStarpaw.jpg

Nam Ironbark:
The Angelthorn Seer, Nam is accustomed to using magicks called by the Farseers of the old Horde, aswell as spells he had learned from watching various battles take place along Lordaeron's outer reaches.
Forked Lightning - Strike multiple targets all at once with a large array of lightning and magic. Crudely perfected after watching the few Farseers left in Lordaeron.
Silence - Still your opponents tongues and gain the magical advantage. A spell learned from clashes between death-ridden rangers and small human brigades.
Feral Spirit - Being a wolflike creature and knowing it fullwell, Nam has relied mainly on his own kin, summoning powerful Spirit Wolves to stand by his side.
Avatar - Call the spirits of the dead to empower Nam, a powerful spell Nam has remembered since his first encounter with the mighty dwarven Thanes.

NamIronbark.jpg

Hymn:
Named by a childish human who mistook him for a pet, Hymn later became fond of this boy, soon calling him an equal. The boy studied arcane magicks, becoming increasingly well-versed in the incantations needed for spells few of Dalaran's own magi had attempted. The necromantic factions of the Scourge took the boy in the hopes that he may give his power to the Undead, though he refused violently. One fateful night, he was killed for his rebellion, Hymn was then left to die.

Now seeking vengeance, Hymn joined the Angelthorn Gnolls.
Every skill he has learned was derived from texts explaining the ferocity and honor the Tauren Chief's.

HymntheSabre.jpg

Thys Shadowpaw:
An assassin by nature, Thys is a slight cousin of Thort. Thys is almost always called to raid small caravans led by the Undead, much like a lawful Robin Hood.
Chemical Siege - Light up a target unit and its comrades with a special potion.
Evade - As an assassin, Thys must regularly keep himself alive long enough to reach his target.
Shadowy Arrow - Fire a single, poisonous arrow at a target enemy unit, slowing and harming it over time.
Replenishment Potion - Mix up and drink a Replenishment potion to recover lost mana and health.

ThysShadowpaw.jpg

Workhounds:
Basic workers of the Angelthorn Gnolls, used only for gathering gold.
Warhounds:
Basic melee warriors of the Angelthorn Gnolls, useful in combat and lumberwork.
Tuskhounds:
Stronger, faster melee warriors, choosing boars as their mounts. They too can cut lumber, aswell as ensnare targets.
Goliath:
Larger, dark-furred Gnolls with a love of combat. These gnolls can collect a massive amount of lumber.
Mutt:
Basic ranging unit of the Angelthorn Gnolls.
Contraption:
A captured or rebuilt catapult from the earlier days of the Horde.
Kobold Slave:
A warrior Kobold usually forced to fight in the Duelling Pits. Can harvest lumber, bash targets and go into a frenzy.
Kobold Convert:
A magi Kobold usually forced to fight in the Duelling Pits or help aid 'military' actions of the Gnolls. Can place Sentries, Healing Wards and Viper Wards, aswell as cut lumber.
Zealot:
A magi Gnoll who can cast spells such as Twisting Strike, which poisons and harms a target enemy unit; Nether Storm, which increases a targets attack speed while harming it; Netherwind, which simply makes the Zealots attacks stronger, and Bloodlust.
Soulhound:
A Shaman Gnoll who can cast spells such as Spirit Link and Ancestral Spirit, it can also Bash.

The Ogre Lords
OgreCouncil.jpg

Lord Orbough:
Ogre Lord, always accompanied by Lok and Gronn.
LordOrbough.jpg

Lok:
Powerful Ogre Magi.
BlueBruiseLok.jpg

Gronn:
Vicious melee warrior.
GRONN.jpg

Kol Cloudscythe:
Black Metalclad warmonger, one of few still devout in nature. Kol is the only Cloudscythe clanmember who survived choosing to remain on his families homeland. For the two-hundred deaths at the hands of the Zhulwood Legion, Kol Cloudscythe wants revenge.
Flaming Waves:
Lets loose a powerful barrage of flame to stun and harm victims within its AOE.
Rectify:
A powerful slice from Kol's Searing Blade, enhanced by the power of the Light, it will judge a soul, healing or damaging it accordingly.
Piety:
Increases Kol's overall speed.
Replenishment Potion:
Mix & Drink a Replenishment Potion.
Blade of Fire:
The effects of his sword.

Hunter.jpg

Jorn the Destroyer; Death Hunter:
What used to be the Paladic Order has turned now to a ruthless militia of priests set on the annihilation of the Scourge, and all of the creatures inhabiting what was once Azeroth. The tomes inwhich these few Hunters carry is comprised of spells that they have seen and studied.
Jorn's powers vaguely resemble that of the old Paladins.
Rain of Fire
Rectify
Bash
Animate Dead

Paladin.jpg

Misc. Map Info:
Estimated 37% Completion
29 Customized Abilities
6 Current custom items
5 Included custom models
4 Current quests to work on.
Custom music on its way
Prelude: 46%
Chapter 1: 96.5%
Chapter 2: 5.25%
Chapter 3: 0%
Cinematic: 0%
Chapter 4: 0%
Cinematic: 0%
Credits:
Werewulf
Mephestrial
Tenebis
Blizzard Entertainment
13LUR
Hueter
Kitabake
Volvox

Quests:
Bramble Hunt
Ringwood Hunting
Battlechest (MiniQuest)
Divine Assault
Korfang's Quest
We Will Rise
------------
Thorns of the Angels
Thorns of the Angels II
Blood for Bounty

Suggestions are welcome!
NewAngelthorn.jpg

OgreCamp.jpg

TownRemains.jpg

Deathknell.jpg

DuellingPits.jpg

Last edited:
Level 4
wow, looks like it has been developed very thoughtfully. Looks almost World of Warcraft in appearance too, as opposed to being just another war 3 map. The terrain layout including the structures and units seems to fit in very well with the theme and gives it a worldly appearance.

The units also fit awesomely within their themed character, and being someone who previously has never cared for gnolls I'm quite impressed. I generally think of them as a low leveled enemy, just a bunch of dog-like people that serve as a filler troop.. one that you can dispatch of with ease and not even give a second thought to. You have definately given their race more depth. The skills are nicely class orientated too.

Good luck with your project, it's shaping up to be a fresh take on the rpg (I assume it is an rpg from the description) genre, coming from a true underdogs perspective. Kudos to all of those who have helped you so far with their models and the like.

Level 5
Looks good, but i need to see the campaign, for what i see, it is a big project and i will like to play it, but i dont like the idea of making a campaign about character of war 3.Make your own ideas i am tired of seing the same characters in every campaign i play :s But it is cool.

Level 12
I'll be happy to test this campaign, seems high standard with the story and the terrain bits i see is more then enough to satisfy me. But the looks of the camp bugs me, ground to flat. But then again, what you should do first is ensure it is playable.

Well, i've got the story almost completly figured out, though I could use your help with touching up the first map, my other terrainer'll probably help me with the base work of the next part of this campaign, any tweaking to the terrain then would be your job.

Edit I:
Lord Orbough has been redone, though I can't quite find a good weapon for him, I may do some skinning or remodelling to find a good Axe for the Red King of the Ogres.
LordOrbough.jpg

Edit II:
Lok has been remade! More depth has gone into his story, as he is the last Shadomancer of the Ogre Legion. His clan, the Blue Bruise has fallen and he has earned his rightful place as one of the Lords of the Legion.
BlueBruiseLok.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.