1. Are you planning to upload your awesome icon to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    July 8, 2018: The rules for the Icon Section have been revised. Please be sure to read the revisions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Anduin Lothar

Submitted by BLazeKraze
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Just another warcraft 3 icon. An icon dedicated to Lothar. The icon fits well with this model

Enjoy!

Changelog:

Updated! (Nose perspective was changed)
Contents

Anduin Lothar (Icon)

1. BLazeKraze

BLazeKraze

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Big Image
    [​IMG]

Seems fit with blizzard's icon.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
  2. Rence Kristoff

Rence Kristoff

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow you're fast, and it does fit the model. In game though, I don't completely feel him, no offense.

3. GhostThruster

GhostThruster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    you get closer and closer to the blizzard style with every icon you make. one additional element to take notice of is the framing and proportion. notice how your icon seems slightly more zoomed out than the ones you've shown in your comparison. minor differences that are hard to spot, but easy for viewers to subconsciously pick up on.

there is a rather noticeable perspective problem that makes his face look off. his nose, beard and right eye are drawn such they appear front-on from the viewer's perspective, whilst the rest of his head is angled slightly towards our left.
    to get an idea of this incongruency, referring to this ref pic, lothar's nose should look like the nose on the far right. right now, it looks like the one on the far left.

4. Sin'dorei300

Sin'dorei300

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I agree with GT. I'll only add that his expression doesn't kinda remind me of a brave knight.

5. Aleister

Aleister

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't completely feel him, too. His face looks a bit deformed.
    Although it's not your best icon, I really liked the embroidery you put on it.
    They already told you the points to improve, so... I don't have anything else to say.

I'll just give an example: BTNAnduinLothar.png

Attached Files:

6. Eagle XI

Eagle XI

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    how did you make that blue particle transition inside border ?

7. Roland

Roland

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    More like Khal drogo to me.. but me gusta.

8. BLazeKraze

BLazeKraze

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    @Eagle XI.

Just using brush with low opacity.

@Roland.

Not sure for now, I'm too busy right now.

9. Aleister

Aleister

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Roland didn't make you a request, he means your icon looks like Khal Drogo, which is a GameOfThrones's character. :D

10. BLazeKraze

BLazeKraze

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    He edited his comment :)