• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Altered Melee] [ALPHA] Lord of the Rings : Peoples of Middle Earth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Because I want the MOD to be epic and with all peoples of Middle Earth. It will enable to release several updates with brand new factions! Besides, like this, there will be 7 factions for the Evil side, and 7 for the Good side ^^!

Level 9
The development of the MOD has stopped for a month, but now I'm ready to keep on working on it!

Shin here,
might join this project as 3D modeller, and you requested some models at CR but I deleted all my WC3 Stuff long ago so I would do it from scratch this mod might have some potential.

How am I able to contact you?

Yes, you can contact me by private message on THW and I sent you my email and Skype account!

Level 9
Working on gap of Rohan and Land of Nurn.
Working on Mordor Faction.
Working on artworks.
Screenshots added and looking for a better Galadriel model!
Still looking for team-mates.

Last edited:
Level 9
Slowly, very slowly... Almost the whole team has disappeared... But at this day the 6 first factions are almost finished, two terrains are done, a good protype of mod console is coded (to switch between the regular wc3 and the moded PoME). I hope I'll manage to release a decent BETA version :)!

Level 9
Hey there! I'm "back" with some news about the project!

At the moment it is dead due to the lack of people who join the project (those who joined stopped to work on it). One day I'll perhaps try to release a decent version... I don't want all that work become useless, so here is the link with the last dev-map. It includes more or less the 6 first factions (some bugs remain, upgrades are lacking a little, etc...) but to my mind it is playable for someone who wanted to feel the concept of this MOD. A last detail, the MOD is in French, sorry about that, it was planed to be released at least in French and English, but the translator has disappeared ^^...

If someone is interested to continue the project please contact me, I have other resources that could be very usefull (terrains, models, a protype of MOD console, etc...)

EDIT : if you want to test it in multiplayer you'll need to download a tool developed by someone on the Hive (his name is A Void if I remember well). However I've never tested it in multiplayer, maybe it is quite buggy :p

Last edited:
Level 9
Buuuuuuuuuuuuump!

After a long period of time, I'm back to work on this project! New kickass models have been found, here are some examples :

[Screenshots removed for promotionnal content]
https://postimg.org/image/buernae07/

Isengard - Light and heavy warg riders

Isengard - Hero and bowmen

Goblins - Giant spiders and boar riders

Goblins - Azog and mountain giants

Silvan elves - Light swordmen and elite bowmen

Updates on the thread incoming!

Last edited:
Level 9
The Goblin faction will be the Misty Mountains. Buildings have been reworked. New unit models have been added. Here is a look what the Misty mountains faction should look like!

https://postimg.org/image/r9f4p7441/
Screenshots also updated for Gondor, Dwarves and Silvan elves. Main thread updated too.

Still looking for team-mates.

Last edited:
Level 11
This project looks nice. Would like to see the Drawves get better architecture though, maybe give those plain wooden buildings to Rohan and give the Drawves "Northrend" Human structures, which look more stone built more suited to Dwarves - look up the skin pack, there's a bundle somewhere here on hive.

Nice array of custom models - with the new map size limit this project has some real potential. Good work, keep it up.

Level 9
it is 128 mb now you can play maps of this size on battle.net

That's good news! In that way, in worst case scenario, I'll be able to release stand alone maps instead of the MOD package!

I spent the last two days working on some creeps, some screenshots :

Nimwaithes and rock giant

Bronze drake

Wargs and barghest

Cave troll and orcs

Hill trolls

Last edited:
Level 11
Hell yeah - I'm digging all those custom models. Nice job grouping them according to the lore.

On a side note - some of the models look dull and lack contrast that others have. Run those on Photoshop and raise the contrast to liven them up.

Good work, keep it up.

Level 9
Let me know [...] if you need help with anything

Help is welcome for textures contrast balancing! I'll send you the Silvan elves (it is the faction that is the closest to release) models and textures.

Do you have other skills? Terraining? Modelling? Animating? Making artworks? Making triggers?

EDIT : screenshots added for Mordor

Last edited:
Level 11
Alright, sure - send as much as you want and I'll get it done when I can. Yeah, pretty much everything but I lack animation experience, been messing around with mdlvis a bunch. but I'm not looking to join your project. I'm working on my own right now. Just lending a hand so your art assets look better, plus adjusting skins only takes a minute so it's a quick fix really. Also - I'll be posting my project on this forum soon, hope you check it out.

Those Trolls are looking good, could be scaled a bit bigger though, same with the riders in the front row. Some buildings could be bigger/too so there's some consistency. Wait till you see my map... All units are the size of a door way so buildings have realistic size.

Last edited:
Level 11
You respond quick, just edited my last comment btw.

Nice. O wow, damm. Well, I've been looking for an animator but most here on Hive don't do work for anyone except themselves - but I caught one in the chatroom once and he taught me some basics. The only way to get an animator is to pay them... probably xD

Level 9
Hey guys! I was thinking about the different releases of the MOD (release + expansions with new factions and new mecanics) and I would like to have your point of view on the question. Do you think that releasing the MOD for free with 4 factions and making a crowdfunding for expansions would work? I'm supposed to find a new work, and developing the MOD take me a lot of time, so I'm trying to find solutions :)

Level 11
It's up to you in the end - however the odds of making a lot of money off a wc3 is very unlikely. Honestly its easier find work and do this in your free time for fun.

Not to say you couldn't make a lot of money off a game, its just that not that many people are on wc3. Maybe if you exported everything to a Unity based rts system you could release it as its own game and then would be a lot more marketable so people would donate more for it and its expansions. Good luck

Level 9
making a lot of money

It is rather earn a little money to avoid having to find a new job ^^! I'm not looking for making benefit, just for free time to release this MOD quicly. I'm lazy as fuck when I don't like what I do, but when I like it... ;)

Other points of view on crowfunding guys?

Here is a new screeny!

Gondor - Aragorn, Boromir, Gondor Bannerman and Citadel guards

Last edited:
Level 11
Oh ok. In that case, make a patreon and a youtube account then. Patreon will get you a monthly income + youtube videos will make additional income for you if you put ads on your videos + it will advertise your project and your patreon if you put links. That's what Gaia's ORPG does. I'm thinking about making one soon but for a different project...

Nice models as usual - love those guards. Is that Aragorn all the way to the left? He looks relatively dark and his sword seems small, unless its just a weird angle.

Status
Not open for further replies.