• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Strategy / Risk] Alternate Middle Earth Home Page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Alright guys, this is my first go at a map Its title is Alternate Middle Earth. I made it with the help of a friend of mine and im currently trying to get a test audience. This is an optional Rp game with 12 fully playable factions. When frodo baggins first recieves the ring of power is where the tale begins. All of the factions are set up as follows: Gondor, Rohan, Western Elves+Shire, Eastern Elves, Mihniraith+Enedwaith, Rohovanion, Mordor, Near Harad, Blue Mtns+Iron hills, Angmar + Rhun, Isenguard+Minas Morgal (Super fun) and last but not least, Misty Mountains+Moria.
The Map is very accurate i would say while not super detailed, the geography is accurate, and all of the major cities are placed according to the MOVIE MAP. We are open to suggestions and how to balance units, things that we should add, things that you guys dont like, ect. The first few patches will be a little rough around the edges, but dont worry, we plan to release a mandatory service patch every 5 weeks. (We probably will be adding more than just what is recommended via in game chat and this thread) Anyways all in all, We did this for fun, and we want to make this game enjoyable every time you play it. I currently am in talks with a cite called makemehost.com which is a free Warcraft III webhosting service. We plan to submit the map by friday, June 26th. Hopefully, we will be hosting the first open lobby this weekend (June 27th-28th). If you have questions about hosting rules from us(the map makers) please message me. via this cite. WE have soo many plans for this map including an after-death minigame that can affect the current state of the game based on the amount of points received by a player when they are eliminated from the game. Currently there is only one mode, -story (good v evil), but we plan to add a free alliance mode, as well as ffa. i know this is a tad vague, but once you play the game, we promise you will have fun and will want to play again. My Warcraft III name is TeBaise, and for my wonderful co-map maker and good friend, his WarcraftIII name is jduren. Feel free to friend us. I know it was a long read, but thankyou so so much for your time. We look forward to a future of Alternate Middle Earth!

Status
Not open for further replies.