1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Lords of Middle Earth

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by GolluM_KoMe, Oct 18, 2010.

1. GolluM_KoMe

GolluM_KoMe

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Lords of Middle Earth Forum
    [​IMG]

Hey hey ! As you might know, I'm looking for commited guys to continue my project : Lords of Middle Earth (LoME) as I cannot work on it anymore (too much homework oO)
    I made this forum to gather all the ideas/advances of the "members" of this project, which can go in different ways with different people :).

You can download the map there : http://warlotr.free.fr/.

Needed stuff to work on LoME:
    -Time free
    -Rather good level with the World Editor
    -You must know the map rather well

You can do anything with the map except removing the the credits of those who made custom stuff :)

Some ideas I could not finish

-A trading system with your ally player, like in Age of Mythology (or Age of Empire) : a trading unit is sent to your ally and it comes back with gold. The more your ally is far, the more you get, exponentially, which might encourage alliances with a far village. It would be automatical, with a boat (which would be easier to be made and more realistic). Theses boats could be attacked and you could not make more than X of 'em. There could be upgrades in the Shipyard to increase the speed and the limit...

-A better terrain

-Mercenaries to buy

-More slaves to buy

-New units for the Inns: saboteurs; invisible Hobbit Spies (which could be made everytime, but with a limit)

-New victory conditions: instead of having to destroy everything to win, the host could set victory conditions.
    He would first choose a stuff (like Money in Stock; Bread in Stock; Number of Kills; Number of Colonies.....) and then an integer to reach between 5, according to the stuff chosen before (like for Money in Stock: 15 000; 20 000; 30 000; 50 000; 75 000).
    Once done, he could choose an other condition etc etc...
    This would be rather long to make, but not that hard, and would be SOOOO great ! With that, the whole gameplay would be redifined and you could not to make any soldier and only focus on your development :).
    These conditions would then be written in the quest!

-Find a better way to make the unit entrance/leaving in and out of your town.
    You could first also make a command like Type "-L" (for Leave) and the units you are curently selecting leave the place properly, like a Packsaddle horse leaving.

-A building that produces Items with :
    Common Items (like Iron Sword)
    Items according to the current warfare (like Armor of Gondor etc...) PS: Be careful with the warfare change with Elves/Orcs
    Powerful Items very expensive, according to the Heroes you have, that cannot be broken, and that can be done only once (like 'Vilya' (the elven ring of Air, if you have Elrond, who actually owns this ring). These items would only be available when the hero reaches level X or after Y minutes...

-Archer tower uprgradable in Elite Archer Tower (in which you can place your Elite archers, with their abilities ....)

-According to the town you chose, in the Library, you can research something which makes you able to use a special ability (in the Library).
    This ability would of that kind: Increases the Trade Rate (the price) for a specific good (that you choose in a Dialog Box); Decreases one; Create a little inflation in a specific place (Gondor, Khand or Umbar); Create Revolts which create an attack in a random town..........................

-Events which would occure each X sec. The could be negative, like the collapse of the price of a type of goods in a region, orc raids, bad weather which makes people leave a region, earthquakes, fires.....; positive: inflation, a baby boom .......; But also both: like a famine which would increases the price of Grain, Bread and Sheeps but stop the population growth (or even make it negative)..... You can find a lot of ideas with this :)

-The diplomatic system has to be rethought!
    By example If a player which owns a town (like Amon Eithel) Which originally belongs to a Computer (Red here) breaks an ally treaty with this player (still Red xD), the Computer would declare war to the player to get the town back in its influence :).
    A lot can be done !

-Add all towns a Faction captures to be bought by its allies.

-Updates according of the chosen town at the beggining.

-Multiboard :
    Create 12 icons : 1 red, 1 blue, 1teal, .... 1 brown
    Add 2 columns :
    -Ally player, in which there is the color of the ally
    -Ally faction

2. Geazergimli2

Geazergimli2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Saw the title and already like the idea, hope it turns out well :D

3. GolluM_KoMe

GolluM_KoMe

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Ye I think if there are some fans of the map, it can turn very well :)
    Thanks btw !

4. Tha Flamestorm

Tha Flamestorm

Resources:
    Resources:
    Imma take up and attempt to make something new out of your map, thanks gollum! (it will be medieval cos i think that period of time suits this map style waaaaaay much bettererer)
    thanks again! i can also learn a few triggers from this and.. make cheats *kekekekekeke*

5. GolluM_KoMe

GolluM_KoMe

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Please never makes cheats ... this will ruin your game

6. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    btw, why you used Mount&Blade screen if it's Lord of the rings?

7. matej

matej

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    sounds interesting. good luck whit your project, and if you need any help feel free to post me and i will se what i can do.

good luck!

8. GolluM_KoMe

GolluM_KoMe

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Have u ever played the game ? (and M&B ?) The games are very close for a lot of aspects. +the image perfectly fits with the umbarean and gondorian kind of soldiers. +this map is a map of human! (even if I added the fact that u can have orc/elven warriors). + the image rocks :) + I added some lotr stuff (like the actamirioni seal and the white tree). :)

Hum, you might have not understood what this is about, now ! YOU have to work on it by yourself ! You open the map and you put ur ideas and credits on it ! You can do whatever u want. I wont ask anyone to do anything. :)
    Btw thx for asking

9. CyberDuelX16

CyberDuelX16

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hello GolluM. I am a great fan of your map and i hope that i could be the one to continue it. I've played M&B: Warband, Anno 1404, Commander: Conquest of the America's, The Settlers Series and many other trading games extensively and i am a hardcore fan of the genre. I really see a lot of things in this map that could use polishing and i have much free time. Hoping you respond soon,

CyberDuelX16.

10. GolluM_KoMe

GolluM_KoMe

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Uhu; I was waiting for a post like this since I posted my map on the hive ♥ xD
    You're exactly the kind of guy who can continue the map !!
    I'll surely make an extra version tommorow (maybe the last ^^) in which I'll add some more conditions of victory the host can pick, so you should wait a little to begin ;).
    Have you made any map before ? If not, I propose we work in collaboration instead you worl alone on this ;)
    but anyway you can do anything you want xD

Tell me what you really wanna do with the map and I'll help you as much as I can ;)

11. CyberDuelX16

CyberDuelX16

Resources:
    Resources:
    Awww you're making me blush ;3
    Of course =)
    Sadly, i have not completed a map, but i am developing one as you can see in my signature. A collaboration would be great! I look forward to working with you =D

Well for first i wan't to smooth out the spelling and marketplace.
    Aka. Automatical selling = Automatic selling. And sometimes the marketplace swarms with sheep and horses because they can only sell one at a time. After that I'll start thinknig on what to add. Your input will always be appreciated =)

Also, do you have an MSN, Skype, Xfire?

12. GolluM_KoMe

GolluM_KoMe

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    My MSN is GolluM-kome_breaker@hotmail.fr :)
    Btw I wont work in LoME today, I'm too tired, I'm going to bed xD So if you wanna start some stuff ... go ahead !

13. CyberDuelX16

CyberDuelX16

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'll wait ^_^. Adding.

14. GolluM_KoMe

GolluM_KoMe

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Btw guy, weren t you on Modern Gamers website (with Midnighters)?

15. CyberDuelX16

CyberDuelX16

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes, i was the largest poster ^_^

16. GolluM_KoMe

GolluM_KoMe

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Agh I Remember u well xD I told u u were crazy xD

17. CyberDuelX16

CyberDuelX16

Resources:
    Resources:
    =O. BLASPHEMY! Anyway, if we're going to make casual talk it should probably be in profile messages

18. Mastapusey

Mastapusey

Resources:
    Resources:
    Lol you dont say :)

19. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Well currently I'd say the map can be called complete already... though some game tweaking (Making gameplay more offencive and weakening the defencive tactics for late-game), and maybe few minor adjustments... nnot about the trading with ally, I got better suggestion. You can send resources to him. See, when you ally with him, an "Courier", "Ambasador" or whatever else you can call him appears in your town. It's an invulnerable immobile unit that stands next to warehouse. so see, he has few slots and "Transfer" ability, which automatically transports the items in his inventory to your ally's stock.
    Of course, this wouldn't propose the allying far towns so much, but it would be much safer to transport the goods and could be kinda profiting if both towns would have different goods harvested... like one could supply another one with metal and weapons, and another could transport horses... oh wait... horses are units... though transfering units could be fun, too...

20. GolluM_KoMe

GolluM_KoMe

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Wow Tleno this is a great idea !! A way greater cooperation!! Btw CyberDuel has the last version of the map (with a lot of char' corrections) and he is like .... dead ? But I think I will work again on it with ur idea :).
    Thanks dude ;)