• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Alloy

First of all I have to give credits to WILL THE ALMIGHTY for his Amazing Model.

This is the second version of a map that I upload a few months ago, It was rejected, and I hope now be diferent:

Alloy is a "SpaceShip-Game"; that divides into tree types of game: QuickSilver, FullMetal and Zinc.

To move your SpaceShip, you have to use the keyboard in this way:

Up: To use your weapon. "The time of wait depends on your kind of weapon";
Right: To turn Right.
Down: To use the Turbo. "Maybe can help you in hard moments"
Left: To turn Left.

The game is divided into three types:

choosegame.jpg

QuickSilver:

You have to destroy all the greens Skulls before the time expires.
The game have 3 levels, your ammo only can shoot one bullet, and you have to wait that this crash with a wall to shoot another one.

In the first level the Skulls don't move and you don't have any obstacle.
In the second the skulls can move, but even you don't have any obstacle.
Finally, in the level 3, there is a Thunderbolt in the middle of the game, your ammo can go across the Thunderbolt, but your Spaceship cannot. Go out of the middle of the board when start the level 3 of QuickSilver!!

quicksilver.jpg

Things to Know: In the 3 Level if you hold the "Rigth/Left" buttom, you can make circles with your Spaceship, and you can look for the correct angle to shot.

FullMetal:

Is a Survival Game, this time your ammo can shoot more than two bullets per second. The objetive of the game is to destroy all the skulls as you can. FullMetal has a GameCache, in this case you can save your own records. FullMetal also have 3 levels of difficult:

1º Levl ( 0 - 500 ): Only two invulnerable Skulls in the middle that appear every 5 seconds. This level gives you the first type of ammo.
2º Levl ( 500- 1000): Now you can use the second type of ammo, it has less time of wait, but a new danger is in the game, 2 great red skulls appear in the right and another in the left, one of them un the down part and the other in the up part.
3º Levl (1000 - "Rest of the game"): Now you can use the last type of ammo, it has less time of wait than the second, and now there are four red skulls in all the sides of the game.

fullmetalh.jpg

Things to Know: Every 6 shots a remoted control bullet is launched, that you can direct with the movement of your SpaceShip.

Zinc:

Is a classic game of spaceships, the camera is moving to the last part of the circuit.

zincz.jpg

Things to Know: Be careful with the red Skulls, if you kill one explodes into bullets of fire that can hurt you. If you find a red wall try to destroy it. And try to no touch the blades.

1º Update: New Difficult System, Corrected the bug in the ending of Zinc and added a laser to QuickSilver.

I hope you like it! :)

Bugz's Review :D

Keywords:
Alloy, SpaceShip, Minigame, shot, clasic,
Contents

Alloy (Map)

Reviews
07:34, 23rd Jun 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Approved
Level 9
Nice map 2 things I would suggest at the moment is the black out and black in effects would be better if they work faster and this baby needs a button to slower the speed :p
I'll tell more as I'm done playing with it for a while 4/5 for now +rep ^^

Level 16
MrStormyZ said:
Nice map 2 things I would suggest at the moment is the black out and black in effects would be better if they work faster and this baby needs a button to slower the speed :p

I was thinking in a system like: Select "Easy, Medium, Hard" and the speed can be the most important factor... Thanks for the advice!

OMG! This map is Awesome!
Found only 1 error i finished QuickSilver and there was only 1 sec left and at lvl 2 i died immediately! :O

0.0 Im Sorry!! Ooh... What a shame! I'll correct that...

Level 6
seems amazing, testing now :D

EDIT: Map.....
Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing
HOW MUCH TIME DID YOU WORK ON THAT :O Looks like you worded on it for years :O
Great, i mean SOOOO GREAT
Long time since I've seen something like this, especially in War-craft :O
+Rep
5/5

Last edited:
Level 15
Looks interesting. I'm just in love with how everything is setout just by looking at the screenshot, I may test it out and give you some feedback, but don't count on it.

(Not that I really care, but perhaps you should clean all the location memory leaks you have in the code, oh well.)

You should keep those screenshots under hidden tags.

It's fine, I'd hate to have to open the hidden tags over and over.

Last edited:
Level 16
seems amazing, testing now :D

EDIT: Map.....
Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing
HOW MUCH TIME DID YOU WORK ON THAT :O Looks like you worded on it for years :O
Great, i mean SOOOO GREAT
Long time since I've seen something like this, especially in War-craft :O
+Rep
5/5

Around 1 or 2 weeks, and the actualization "3 months later" another week. I can't finish a proyect that requires spend a lot of time :S

PDT: All is GUI...

Level 2
hmm... am i the only one who found this bug? O.O

In single player, when you pause the game (F10) or open any other menus (F9), (F11), etc... then resume the game, pressing the ARROW KEYS will also MOVE the camera. Meaning: pausing the game using a menu will stop the "camera lock" thingy. Dunno if it works in multiplayer "Pause Game". :D please fix

Level 16
Review Of Quicksilver

First of all i think that Quicksilver is a little bored, but with some updates it would be nice :)
  2. The Explosions
  3. The Models
  4. The Interface

Dislikes
  1. The Levels

Idears
  1. Add More Levels.
  2. Add different maps in the levels, so that each level doesnt look like each others (will give the feeling that you arent playing same thing all the time)
Rate is 4/5

Review Of Fullmetal

Fullmetal seem's more interesting because you can make competitions about who gets highest score (only got 240)
  1. The Skulls in middle of map (kills you if you touch them)
  2. The Point System
  3. The Models
  4. The Weapons can change

Dislikes
  1. Doesnt Restart automatic like Quicksilver

Idears
  1. Change Map For each 100 points?
  2. Make Restart automatic
  3. Add Different Map so it doesnt look like the other Modes
Rate is 5/5

Review Of Zinc

Zinc is very good, and you can just continue playing it forever
  2. The Map
  3. The Moving Camera
  4. You have to hit Circles before you can continue (make it harder to complete)

Dislikes

Idears
  1. Make Restart automatic
Rate is 5/5

So i Rate is 5/5
Hope you can use it

Level 16
Review Of Quicksilver

First of all i think that Quicksilver is a little bored, but with some updates it would be nice :)
  2. The Explosions
  3. The Models
  4. The Interface

Dislikes
  1. The Levels

Idears
  1. Add More Levels.
  2. Add different maps in the levels, so that each level doesnt look like each others (will give the feeling that you arent playing same thing all the time)
Rate is 4/5

Review Of Fullmetal

Fullmetal seem's more interesting because you can make competitions about who gets highest score (only got 240)
  1. The Skulls in middle of map (kills you if you touch them)
  2. The Point System
  3. The Models
  4. The Weapons can change

Dislikes

Idears
  1. Change Map For each 100 points?
  2. Make Restart automatic
  3. Add Different Map so it doesnt look like the other Modes
Rate is 5/5

Review Of Zinc

Zinc is very good, and you can just continue playing it forever
  2. The Map
  3. The Moving Camera
  4. You have to hit Circles before you can continue (make it harder to complete)

Dislikes

Idears
  1. Make Restart automatic
Rate is 5/5

So i Rate is 5/5
Hope you can use it

Thanks for the advices, I will try do something with the problems that you told me. But give me arround a month, because I'm in a contest that requires all my time for now :p

Level 7
Official Basic Review of V3H -

Terrain 5/10 - Not much you can do, if you want you can ask for this mark to be remov'd
Concept & Idea 7.5/10 - Nice job here.
Triggers 2/10 - When I finally rebuilt the MPQ and gui triggering it was horrible....
Object Data 6/10 - Sufficient amount
Overall Map Data 6/10 - Sufficient amount
Estimated effort spent into this 10/10 - It is obvious you put a lot of work into this.
Playability & Improveable 7/10 - It is fun and can be heavily improved.

Overall Mark - 43.5/70 You passed my basic review, good job =)

Any questions about the review, just ask and I will answer.

Suggestions -
Firstly your triggers need to be fixed, so much unneeded extra triggers while nothing is deleaked but I know this isn't really you fault since if I am correct your mostly a modeler.
Unique idea's could be implemented such as making your own levels.
Fix description as in improve it so screenshots are in hidden tags.
Maybe add a PvP/Player vs Player mode once you add two players as in PvP combat not just against each other in scoring.
That is all for now, I wish you luck with your contest and improving this map.