• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

IndustrialCraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
This is something I thought about, and was stunned to realize that it was not only original, but feasible, something most of my map making dreams aren't. In this map, there are twelve players, divided into the following:

-3 Countries which fight each other in the traditional Warcraft fashion, using modern technologies.

-3 Mining Companies, which would mine veins to gain Raw Metals.

-3 Lumber Companies, which would chop down trees to gain wood.

-3 Factories, which would have to buy both Raw Metals (For the process) and Lumber (Combustion) in order to create Finished Alloys, which can be sold to the countries.

The Countries would create units using these alloys, as well as money, which can be gained either from taxing the companies for the privilege of harvesting your resources, or minting (which requires a small amount of wood), although the latter is to be used at your own peril due to the risk of inflation.

Every player would win by conquering the map. The Corporations, however, would have to upgrade tech tiers first, in order to unlock more sophisticated weaponry. With these, they could bully competitors, and eventually declare war on the big three themselves.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Level 28
Hmmm...

What I would suggest is that at the beginning of the game (not via the game setup screen), there are four teams set up, containing one of each faction. These teams are nominally allied with each other, the corporates provide tech and ressources, the military provides protection (I'm assuming here that the countries start out with much better units but suffer from lack of upgrades in the endgame, and vice versa for corporate).

Now as the point of the game is still for one player to win, the alliance only lasts as long as it needs to, each player is free to attack his allies when he wants (though doing so will obviously lose him the ressources/protection assured by the attacked player).

However, in order to prevent this kind of backstabbing behavior straight away, you could set up a mode that prevents friendly fire for the first ten minutes or so, until the corporate's units have a chance to catch up, or send a ping to every single player informing them that an alliance is encountering traitors, implying one or more of their bases is much easier to attack.

In addition, a defeated player should leave behind a way of extracting whatever ressource they provided, but at a much lower rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.