• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Moon Race

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello I have an idea for a map that I need help developing more.

The theme of the map is a moon race. The type of map is a conquer map. The main idea is that there will be teams that represent countries on Earth. These teams will battle to take over the moon from the other teams.

So far the ideas that I have are below:

-3 or 4 teams representing multiple countries
-Each team has unique units and abilities
-There is 5 resources to juggle: Water, Oxygen, Food, Metal, and Money
-There will be places on the moon that have better resources gain rates
-New Tilesets and Models
-Oxygen, Food, and Water are controlled with variables and they deplete based on what units you have, but you can make generators to supplement the lose
-Metal is mined by robotic miners
-Money is given on a periodic rate from Earth, Based on factors
-Thinking of adding a tourism option. It would allow you to get more money but if a tourist got killed it would hurt you in some way. So you have to take a risk.

The main idea is that each player starts with a main base. From it you can make a robotic engineer and miners. The robotic engineer can make oxygen, water, and food generators/storage, housing for humans, and mines. Once the housing is made and you have a flow of supplies you can make a human engineer. He can make structures like hospitals, R&D etc. Once hospitals are made you can make doctors and make upgrades related to health. Once R&D is made you can make scientist and upgrades with it. There will be many different structures and relations like that, I don't know them all yet. And some are unique to that team.

So in conclusion what do you think, and can I get ideas?

Level 9
according to me, there would be too many resources with the same purpose: water, oxygen and food... I think it would be annoying always keep an eye on them, you could put water and food together as "supplies" from the Earth, and Oxygen could be represented by particular buildings, oxygen generators, which keep alive units in a range around them. You could fill the map with blight terrain, use buildings with the ability "dispel blight" as generators, and give to the humans a negative regeneration rate which activates only on the blight terrain...

Level 2
according to me, there would be too many resources with the same purpose: water, oxygen and food... I think it would be annoying always keep an eye on them, you could put water and food together as "supplies" from the Earth, and Oxygen could be represented by particular buildings, oxygen generators, which keep alive units in a range around them. You could fill the map with blight terrain, use buildings with the ability "dispel blight" as generators, and give to the humans a negative regeneration rate which activates only on the blight terrain...

Interesting ideas, I understand what you mean and might use this method.

Status
Not open for further replies.