• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Aliza's Journey - Beginning(v1.1.5L)

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
♦ Aliza's Journey - Beginning v1.1.5 ♦

By Theeffi (Theef)

Gameplay
[tr]
The campaign is about young Night Elf female called Aliza.

Her father has been adventurer for long time and kept the world safe from all kinds of evil...

Aliza wanted to be like her father, but mother never allowed that...

But she chose her destiny...

Screenshots
[tr]
ALJ1.jpg

ALJ3.jpg

Features
[tr]
Single unit campaign, sometimes with small group forces.
Cinematics (Can be skipped)
Chapters length varies.

Credits
[tr]
The Campaign - Theeffi
"AndrewOverload519" for custom model "Female Mage".

Changelog
[tr]
Version 1.1.5 (13.10.2013)
*General Changes
- Most of Cinematics can now be skipped.
~ Same skip "Rules" Apply like with starting movies.
- Custom Loading Screen.
*Chapter 10
- Some additional transmissions. (Related to changes made in 1.1.4)

Version 1.1.4 (27.7.2013)
*General Changes
- Additional "Aliza's Journey" Quest is now removed from all chapters.
- Quest logs uses now Quest requirements. (Quest log looks better!)
- Message about the skip possibility should be shown correctly.
*Chapter 1
- Minor Changes.
*Chapter 2
- Starting "Movie" is no longer in cinematic mode.
*Chapter 4
- Minor Changes.
*Chapter 4 (Movie)
- Stole Old men's Potion of Youth, so he looks older again...
- Minor Changes.
*Chapter 5
- Loading screen's text updated.
- Human Female says the message only once. (Bug Fix)
*Chapter 6
- Chapter name updated.
- Fixed issue with defeat condition. (Footman)
- Save the kids and save the footman quests are merged into one, the objectives are not changed.
*Chapter 7
- Some minor changes.
*Chapter 9
- Magic Addiction causes noise and effect when the damage is dealt.
- Magic Addiction takes longer to deal the damage, but also deals slightly more than previously.
- Burning Oil area effect is slightly smaller, but does slightly more damage.
- Minor Changes.
*Chapter 10
- Sil'ondrei can pick up mana and health runes.
- Starting Units get damaged even if you skip the cinematic.
- Terrain & Detail Updates.
- Some Minor Changes.
*Chapter 12
- Gnolls now grant gold and wood when killed (Depends on type), gold coin drops has been removed.
- Permission for blacksmith is now granted at wave 6 instead of wave 7.
- When you upgrade Improved bows from blacksmith, player blue (Citizens) will get it as well.
- Fountains now provides mana and health faster, also grants small speed bonus while nearby.
- Gnolls stats have been changed. (Ups and downs)
- Other minor changes.
*Chapter 13
- Typo fix.
*Credits

Version 1.1.3 (21.4.2013)
*Chapter 12
- Minor fixes

Version 1.1.2 (5.8.2012)
*General Changes
- You can now skip starting movies and cinematic maps by pressing [Esc] on (About) first six seconds from the start of map.
~ This is only available on maps which have starting movies longer than 6 seconds.
~ Currently does not work on cinematics on middle of map.
~ There may be problem that sometimes it doesn't inform you that skip is available at start of map.
*Chapter 10
- Fixed exploit with Summon Ni'razar spell.

Version 1.1.1 (14.2.2012)
*General Changes
- Aliza (Wizard) no longer have Archer's Description.
*Chapter 4
- Slight changes to transmissions.
- Bandits no longer hide into shadows.
*Chapter 5
- Corrected transmission from start of the chapter.
*Chapter 6
- You can no longer compelete mission by only freeing the last Child. (Bottom Left corner)
- After freeing a Child wont any longer bring you to cinematic mode.
- Changed Children's transmissions.
- Changed Objectives to complete the level, you now need to rescue atleast two of footman, and keep them alive.
~If three of them dies, you'll fail the level.

Version 1.1 (11.11.2011)
*Chapters 4-11
- Typo/Spelling fixes
*Chapter 3
- You can no longer get to other side of fences where target dummy is located.(Bug fix)
*Chapter 8
- When Aliza notices first troll it wont no longer go into cinematic mode.
*Chapter 12
- This chapter is no longer protected from opening with World Editor.

Version 1.0.9 (31.7.2011)
*General Changes
- Aliza's Journey is now in one campaign file, and additional map files are no longer required.
If you wish to check those unprotected map files, download those map files from same place where you
downloaded the campaign file, or open the campaign file with world editor and save map files from there to your computer.
*Chapters 1-3
- Typo/Spelling fixes
*Chapter 9
- Shadow Priests magic block now disappears when killed(VISUAL).

Version 1.0.8 (5.6.2011)
*General Changes
- Old man looks slightly older...
- Aliza no longer wishes for weapon...
*Chapter 3
- Reworked the Ranged Part.
- Removed Archer/Melee swap.
- Bug fixes.
*Chapter 9
- Explosion barrel for clear way to Stone of Power is now more visible.

Version 1.0.7 (16.4.2011)
*General changes
- Fixed Typos From missions.
- Forced Aliza to move to Front of Quest Characters before Cinematics (Where she didn't move).
- Added Quest Updated!, New Quest! back to Campaign but with nicer look!
*Chapter 2
- Fixed Cinematic with old man.('empty' seconds)
*Chapter 5
- This Chapter is no Longer Locked from Opening With World Editor.
- Minor Changes.
*Chapter 9
- Magic Addiction Deals now 'Normal' Damage Instead of 'Spell' (No Extra damage because of Aliza's Armor type)
*Chapter 12
- Fixed Issue with wrong message were sent when Small Group of Reinforcements arrived.
- Castle's Archers have now woke up and will shoot their enemies...

Version 1.0.6 (1.1.2011)
*General Changes
- Fixed Typos from Missions
*Chapter 1
- Some changes to tutorials, more newbie friendly.
*Chapter 9
- Changed the way how 'Magic Addiction' skill works.
- Created shortcut to get faster away from flame area.(After killing Shadow Priest)
- Fixed Secret
*Chapter 10
- Fixed Issue with boat cinematic, if Sil'ondrei had Defend on, he didn't sometimes got to his proper location in the time.

Version 1.0.5 (2.10.2010)
*General Changes
- Fixed typos from Missions.
- Updated tutorial levels & Added & Edited some Tips from maps.
- Some minor bug fixes and changes.
*Chapter 5
- Changed Some Camera Settings. (Camera Distance were too high after Cinematics)
- Added one Forgotten Camera Position.
- Slightly Changed Cinematics.
*Chapter 7
- Changed Floating Texts for Guards for same reason like in V1.0.4 for Chapter 12.
- Small Changes to Cinematic at Magical Runes.
*Chapter 8
- Changed cooldown from ability 'Teleport' for Chapter 8, from 11 seconds to 8 seconds.
*Chapter 9
- Slightly Increased Barrels of Exlosive's damage and explosion range (At the End)
- Changed Forest Troll Lord's Armor and Health Regen. Slower health regen, but he has now more armor.
- Fixed Issue with Power Stones, Ni'razar(Aliza's Spirit Wolf) were able to Use Power Stones for Aliza, now only Aliza is able to use them.
*Chapter 10
- Slightly Changed Boat Cinematic.
*Chapter 13
- Changed couple of things in this chapter.

Version 1.0.4 (11.9.2010)
- The Spider will wake up In Chapter 5 when you break the barrel.
- The Time of Power Stones wont continue while Watching Crazy Rifleman's 'Show' (Chapter 9, bonus mana for the win!)
- Fixed Issue with Chapter 12, when reinforcements arrives the timer is still visible.
- Changed the Ending of Chapter 12 to less retarted looking. (Aliza aren't immune to damage anymore, battle will continue while Reinforcements arrives)
- Removed most "Quest Arrived!" or "Quest Updated!" Spam from Missions.
- Updated Some Tutorials and Added Colors to Tips in tutorial levels.
- Changed some Floating Text Chats from Citizens of Gardanor in Chapter 12. (If you did it too fast, some of texts were still there)

Version 1.0.3 (29.7.2010)
- Fixed Issue with Chapter 9, Mission didn't failed after Aliza's Death.
- Fixed Typos from Campaigns.
- Added exclamation Marks ("!") for Quest Characters which wants to talk to you, to make campaigns easier to get completed. (Like Old man in Chapter 2)

Version 1.0.2 (?)
- Fixed Issue with Chapter 12 after Castle is Destroyed and still Reinforcements Arrives.
- Fixed Issue with Chapter 12 Where Attackers spawned to wrong Locations.
- Lowered Difficulty on Chapter 12.
- Fixed Issue With Chapter 9 - One Rock wasn't immune to attacks and you could complete level after defeating two Shadow Priests...
- Fixed Typo from Chapter 9 - Quest Log said there's FOUR Shadow Priests even there's only Three of Them.
- Fixed Typo from Campaign's Buttons After Completing Missions.
- Created 'Cheat' For Chapter 1 - 'clearmypath' Enables all Campaign Buttons.(NOTE: WORKS ONLY ON CHAPTER 1!)

Version 1.0.1 (22.5.2010)
- Fixed Typo from Campaign's Buttons after completing missions.

Version 1.0.0 (22.5.2010)
- Release

Notes
[tr]
The Lore is not exact same as the original Warcraft.
Some of chapters are "locked" to reduce file size . (If it's not allowed, let me know)
There's continue for the campaign, which is not yet uploaded to Hiveworkshop. (See my page for link to youtube.)
Cinematic skip is allowed about first 6 seconds from start of the cinematic.
English is not my main language, so there may be typo and grammar errors.

Bugs
[tr]
There's weird yellowish line on the loading screen.
Chapter 4 - Cinematic; wont use the loading screen.
Chapter 8 - Starting movie's fading needs improvement.

► Map Description Generator 「By Vengeancekael」

Keywords:
Aliza's Journey, Night Elf, Adventure
Contents

Aliza's Journey - Beginning(v1.1.5L) (Campaign)

Reviews
Moderator: -Kobas- Contact: Visitor Message / Private Message! Date: 07-Jan-14 (17:50:16)Critical Errors:No 'work in progress' submissions, please use The Map Development Section for unfinished maps. Your Map has no re-playability features such as...

M

Moderator: -Kobas-
Date: 07-Jan-14 (17:50:16)
Critical Errors:
No 'work in progress' submissions, please use The Map Development Section for unfinished maps.
Your Map has no re-playability features such as game modes or different difficulties.
Your Map has low quality terrain.
Everything about your map has already been seen and was often better created.
Useful Links:
The Important Site Rules.
You can use Map Development Section for testing and improving your maps.
Need help with triggers/memory leaks? Make a thread in the Triggers & Scripts Section.
Got any World Editor related questions? Make a thread in the World Editor Help Zone Section
Got any Requests (Terrain, resources, spells, systems, loading screens...)? Make a thread in the Requests Section.
The Important Site Tutorials.
If you have any complaints or questions about your map, please make a thread here: Map Resource Moderation.
Personal Comment:
Small almost review like post
Map Status: Rejected
(1/5) Unacceptable

Level 4
Badly written english. I found also one thing what is also bad. Aliza looks like night elf, but her mother looks like human and its weird. You should give Alizas mother a custom model maybe.

Her mother is High elf this was explained on one point. ;)

I try to squish those typos and such as much as I can but, it is difficult with my english.

Level 21
As I said, here is my review:

ALL THE BAD POINTS:-
- Just the beginning was booooring and didn't really catch me. How was it long? Ehm... 2 minutes?
- Most disappointing thing is that Aliza is a unit and not a Heroooooo!!! :vw_wtf: Having a unit as a main character is a very dreadful idea!
- Even Chapter 2, 3 and 4 were really short and quite booooring! Map was so small and only 1 or 2 quests. Each of these chapters lasted no more than 5 minutes!
- Slightly bad and flat terrain in these first chapters
- So many dialogue mistakes
- Skipping Chapter 5 and 6, the part of the swamps, because they were great, I'll go directly to the next chapters. I really cannot understand why Chapter 7 only needs me to go to a sorceress and climb a hill without even fighting? In no more than a minute I finished it!
- U keep putting only consumable items in the first chapters instead of putting runes as u did in Chapter 8 and 9 and so in the swamps, I couldn't heal my footmen easily
- Any beneficial item I took was not restored in the next level. e.g I took a Potion of Healing in Chapter 3, in Chapter 4 I no more have it! This was really bad when I found a Lion Horn of Stormwind in Chapter 9 and I couldn't have it in the next chapters!
- Chapter 8 is very very easy while Chapter 9 is almost insane! That's not balancing the difficulty of the levels! Each level should be harder than the previous one, not simpler! Another comparison, Chapter 7 and Chapter 8
- Chapter 12 is IMPOSSIBLE! Only 18 food, some scarse resources and bare reinforcements of 3 units will not let me survive for 12 waves! And the last wave is a mayhem where gnolls come from everywhere and I got nothing! I had to use cheats to win
- Also, the city was really really bad with a few tile variation (where r Black Marble, Brick and White Marble????) and mal-usage of doodads!
- Even more deluding and disappointing than Chapter 7 are Chapter 11 and 13! In Chapter 11, I just go to meet Eric and it's over (30 seconds maybe to finish it???) and Chapter 13 same thing, I meet Eric and go to a circle of power, then FINISHED! :vw_wtf: Too short chapters

COMMON MISTAKES:-
- Bad cinematics
- Bad camera usage
- Lack of good music
- No special effects or exciting unexpected events
- A few new abilities, the rest were copied and/or simply renamed (Fireball, Evasion, Blink etc...)
- Maximum 2-3 quests each chapter and very few Optional ones
- Most of the chapters lasted no more than 3 minutes

MY SUGGESTIONS!!!:-
- In most of the first chapters, make their terrain more hilly and add more doodads to it
- When a cinematic starts, fade and THEN let the camera move! Don't let the camera move, turn cinematic mode on and fade in the same time! Noobish result! :thumbs_down:
- Correct ALL dialogue mistakes
- The story itself needs something amusing to happen. Everything was dull and no unexpected events occured. I mean, u could make like Aliza's mother was kidnapped. Aliza's village was razed. A source of darkness lures Aliza to use dark magic. Anything of these would make the story much more interesting
- Put more Permanent items! Not just healing items!
- Change Chapter 7, 11 and 13 to interludes as they don't last more than a paltry, dreary, humble, insignificant (ok, I'll stop with the adjectives now :grin:) minute!
- Make Chapter 12 easier
- The ending didn't really attract me to see what will happen next. Follow the suggestion I mentioned above about how to develop ur story
- Well, what can I say again? The city urgently needs a better terrain. Add more tiles to it (yes, the 3 ones I mentioned in the bad points) and use more doodads like flowers and shrubs!
- More quests for most chapters to make them longer
(MOST IMPORTANT!!!) - U must convert Aliza to a Hero and let each item she gains be stored in a level and restored in the next one

And finally, to conclude this interminable review, I give this a 2.5/5 and rate a bare 2. Vote for APPROVAL anyway. :thumbs_up:
I hope I've been useful :ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 4
<Loads of text.>

1. I don't really see point why Aliza couldn't be non-hero unit, but main point why she's not hero on the first campaign is that I didn't know how to transfer hero to other map. But I left it so even I do know how to do it. (The campaign was made on 2010 when I started to learn WE, so the first one is the most lacking)

2. Yes, true that some maps are pretty short and these could really be just cinematic maps or such.

3. Items do not transfer to next map, this goes same as the first answer, didn't really knew how to do that, so I've left it so, also if I did change it to other, there would be plenty of reworking.

4. Chapters difficulty, I've seen plenty of games where difficulty is jumpy, and I don't really see reason to do rework here. And Chapter 12 is pretty easy when you know when to fall back, you can't hold those gates.

5. Yes, true it's pretty right foward going campaign, some more choises are in the later ones. But it's only the Beginning.

There's plenty of stuff that I disagree, but everyone has own opinions.

I'll see what changes I do, probably most of changes go to cinematic fading and moving and probably placing empty time before the cinematics for the skip.

I'll try to keep these feedback on my mind while doing the third one.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Level 10
I'm okay with the protagonist as a unit. I've already played this, and watched this. Well, played it half-way through, and I watched the rest. Overall, it's a great campaign, and this gets my vote for approval. A 5/5.

Level 21
I didn't doubt u would disagree in some points. And to save things from one level to another, use Game Cache (check the tutorials because I am also quite noob with these things) Maybe I feel Chapter 12 is hard because I played it once and u think it is easy because u r the creator so u know EVERYTHING about the map. Perhaps if I play that chapter more than once I'll find it easier than I think.

Level 4
I didn't doubt u would disagree in some points. And to save things from one level to another, use Game Cache (check the tutorials because I am also quite noob with these things) Maybe I feel Chapter 12 is hard because I played it once and u think it is easy because u r the creator so u know EVERYTHING about the map. Perhaps if I play that chapter more than once I'll find it easier than I think.

Sure I am the creator, but it's not impossible. And Like in most of games, you wont win it with first time ^^.

But I think i'll change it slightly.

And I do know how to do the level change thing, there's continue for the campaign. Which has hero characters.

Small preview what I've planned to change.

Version 1.1.6
*General Changes
- Loading screen fixed.
- Permanent items will transferred from map to map. (ex. Claws of Attack +3)
*Chapter 4 Cinematic
- Fixed Loading screen not showing up.
*Chapter 11 - Cinematic.
- The chapter has been changed to cinematic.
*Chapter 11 ("Chapter 12")
- Gnolls stats lowered. (Damage, health, etc...)
- Food usage reduced from units to: Peasants(0), Priest (1), Sorceress (1), Knight (2)
- Farms Food Production increased to 7.
- Starting Gold and Lumber increased slightly.
- Small changes to last wave.
*Chapter 12 ("Chapter 13")
- Merged Credits and Chapter 13 together.

Last edited:
Level 30
Aliza's Journey - Beginning

Introduction

A campaign made by Theefi and about an aspiring Night Elves named as Aliza who wishes to travel the world. Some of my written notes and points here might be on Shadow's review already but please do bare with it.

Unexpected tab 1

[tab][tabheader]Good Points:[/tabheader]
+ Terrain is good and maintains the warcraft-ish look in it. No need for realistic-ness on the quality. But can be improved by some chances though.

+ The campaign is very simple and easy though proves to be entertaining. Its story is like those adventurous stories about persons aspiring to venture out.
[/tab]

[tab][tabheader]Bad Points:[/tabheader]
- Little grammar mistakes in the dialogues at cinematics. Some misses an "a" word or connecting or linking words. Some form of the words does not fit with how it is pronounced.

- On the quest where you are to rescue the Kids and Footmen in the Swamp, it displays on the quest log that we need to rescue 4 footmen but I was able to complete the chapter with only 2 footmen rescued. This can be a mistake on the tooltips or this quest requirement is optional of some sort.

- Spell tooltips could be more specific and also display the exact information needed for the players to know.

- Campaign lacks game caches to save items through Chapter progression
[/tab]

[tab][tabheader]Suggestions:[/tabheader]
- As I have said, terrain is good but improvable by chances. Your terrain in most chapters as I saw is quite flat. You could try using the Raise/Lower/Noise/Smooth/Plateau Tool on the Terrain palette for this kinds of job. Terrain also lacks some doodads/destructibles in some maps or we can simply say empty. Fill them up with doodads/destructibles that is fitting to the terrain's theme.

- Fix the little issue about the tooltip error or maybe quest requirement error (can't say the exact problem) about rescuing 2 footmen. It displays 4 footmans instead of 2.

- Spell tooltips could be some sort of clear and exact. Do not forget to indicate the important information needed for the player to know like in the Hurling Dagger (I think that is the name of the very first skill that Aliza learns), it displays a brief description but does not display how many damage it deals and the spell's cooldown same applies to Firebolt.

- Add a game cache on the future update most likely allowing to save items to be saved and be used on the following chapters or preceeding chapters
[/tab]

Rating: 2/5
State: Approvable

Level 21
Hell Master, I am afraid there is a mistake in ur review. Yes, it says rescue 4 footmen BUT if u read the quest well, it says "At least 2 footmen must survive" or something like that so if u complete the level with 2 footmen, u win without any need of rescuing the rest! Also, u wrote 2/5 and rated 3. Fix that.

Just from looking on those few screenshots I can see that map
quality isn't good for approval, and now only because I need
to check some user's work I must test something I don't like.

EDIT:

First of all difficulty option is disabled.
You should try to make game different so those experienced
players and players who enjoy challenge could test themselves
on harder difficulties.

Idea is fine nothing good or bad about it (if we exclude fact
that Aliza become super strong fighter in few days).

Few words will describe gameplay, it's short, empty, poorly made.
Story is here presented like some dialog between two 10 years
old people. Camera should never stand still, it's bad way of
presenting something. And I quit when rifleman suggested Aliza to
try magic because suddenly she can fight like professional and/or
assassin, just after few murlocks while professionally trained
soldiers had no chance in group against same enemies. I don't like
all those "heroes over night".

Terrain in general is overall done on very basic level. You should
more use rise and lower tool, especially in those swamps. Add some
special and lightning like doodads, use environment doodads more
often and try not to spam them 2 much on same spot (like you did
with shrubs between trees).

Aliza is purple skinned while all town folk are yellow (Also that one
guy who opened gate is high elf).

Presentation is decent, honestly I could suggest more screenshots,
some cool way of presenting spells, items, quests, NPC units and
so on. But it's good enough for approval. However things I don't like
are bad BB Code usage (for example Credits should not use hidden
tag for 2 lines of text) and Change log could be placed into 2nd
post/comment of yours and keep only latest update on main page
(1st post/comment).

You should use campaign object data instead creating same units
in all your maps. Same goes for imports and so on.

Campaign miss many things. Cool spells, different quests (add
optional quests as well that may take effect on story as well).
Special and unique systems are not presented, map miss many
features like items, a lot of items, what is gold used for, where
is experience or some other resource gain. You should try to
randomize gameplay, not make it straight forward because no
one will play it over and over again if there is nothing new to
explore.

Campaign is rejected and rated 1/5 (Unacceptable).

Last edited: