• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Journey 2

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Either pair up online with a friend or play alone, play as a Demon themed team, with a given hero for each player. Fight you way across the whole map to destroy the human Castle. Also complete optional quests to unlock hidden items and units. There are 3 difficulties in this map (Easy, Medium and Hard) and 2 possibly victory paths. All imported models and icons where downloaded here on the Hive. I do not mind if you host this map on battlenet! As I cannot host anyway! Good Luck and Have Fun!

Keywords:
Journey, Demon, Free, Roam, Human, Castle, Outland
Contents

Journey 2 (Map)

Reviews
11:50, 2nd Apr 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Rejected
Level 7
Type: None >> Fix (Rules violation[1])
Author: Unknown >> Fix (Rules violation[2])
Description >> Improve it (Rules violation[3])

3 rules violation = Instant Rejection (1/5)

You should really provide more details so that he can improve his map. Just giving a map a 1/5 without even testing it out is wrong. I don't think a map deserves a 1/5 just because it breaks a few rules, (since those can easily be fixed (and he already has fixed most of it)) it should deserve a 1/5 if the map itself is bad. I really can't believe you call yourself a map reviewer when you do something like this.

You should really provide more details so that he can improve his map. Just giving a map a 1/5 without even testing it out is wrong. I don't think a map deserves a 1/5 just because it breaks a few rules, (since those can easily be fixed (and he already has fixed most of it)) it should deserve a 1/5 if the map itself is bad. I really can't believe you call yourself a map reviewer when you do something like this.

Believe me, he is right to vote for rejection because usually if the person has not taken the effort to create a decent description, the person has not taken the effort to create a decent map. Gonna check.

Review by Darkzealot_128:

1=1
2=2
3=3
4=4
5=5

12-20 = Approval
1-11 = Rejection

Gameplay: 2/5 Comment: Seemed boring and bland, and it looked like you hadn't tested it yourself enough.
Terrain: 2/5 Comment: No I didn't really like the terrain you just spammed the same tree and the two same tilesets, but atleast it had more than one tileset and trees.
Description: 1/5 There are no quests to help you out on what to do, your tooltips are bad, and so is this description.
Originality: 4/5 Comment: This isn't an exact copy of dota or some anime map which is what I like about this map but the outland concept gives this a -1.

Other:

Effort put in? NO +0
Comment: Most of these are just triggers issuing orders and spawning units, and the object editor work was slack too because it just seemed like some blizzard objects from the undead race edited a little.
Leaks? YES +0
Comment: Leaks are things you have to remove. Please read this: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/general-mapping-tutorials-278/complete-list-things-leak-126761/.

Overall: 2+2+1+4+0+0= 9/20 (2/5)
Vote for rejection

If you would like a re-review please tell me and I will happily do it as long as i'm not busy.

Last edited:
Level 7
I just thought that it was unfair to give someone the worst rating possible without even looking at the map first.

Level 13
Thanks for the comments, I know i need to edit the desription. I was just putting something in their as i didn't think it mattered that much (my bad). But about the tileset, i have used 6 out 8 different types in the map, not 2. And the tree situation is due to me not really knowing what else to add into the map. But i will change the description a bit (somehow...), give a little bit more help in the quest descriptions, add a gameplay pic and use some of the BB codes. So I should be able to make it better. There is one specific part i want to know how to fiz though. as at times when computer units are spawned and they are stuck for a while (both Demon, Human and Orc) and then they run back to where they were trained or spawned, any way to fix this?