• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Alien Planet Terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
i was trying to create some alien looking terrain for a map im making,

by "alien" i mean something that looks like a different planet

just wanted to show what i have so far and see if you all had any ideas on what i could add to it to achieve this goal

update edit: added- sky, fog, elevation variation

Attachments

• opent1.jpg
    opent1.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 422
  • opent2.jpg
    opent2.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 552
  • opent3.jpg
    opent3.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 370
  • opent4.jpg
    opent4.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 506
Last edited:
Level 17
These are very good, except there is no sky or fog, and also, Don't use Blizzard Cliffs! Use the raise tool on big size, as Blizzard Cliffs suck!

But then again, it's a playable terrain, but I'm sure you recognise the Pathing Blocker, if you use Jass Newgen with the Grimoire addon, you can easily make doodads limitless!

Level 27
Ye. I dont know how your alien planets look but this looks like a fantasy world ^^ I must say screen number 1,3 and 4 are not good =/ But how the hell lol.. screen 2 is totally awesome!!! o_O reminds me of somekind of sci-fi fantasy themed game.. make of these and you get lots more rep of me :p

Oh yeah, example (That was not from when i got bored its from a project which nobody knows off -.-)

Attachments

• TDORPG1.jpg
    TDORPG1.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 1,131
Level 34
The_wand_mirror nailed it. Number two is awesome. +rep for it.

On the other hand the others are just okay. They need work. Take nudl9's advice, remove the fire. The model is poor. Maybe replace it with a custom doodad. Use the fire that buildings have when they are near death.

Level 34
Not sure I like those vines. They don't suit the rest of it. The planet isn't creepy or death-like. It's just an alien planet.

Level 34
Post pictures if you want critique. I for one won't DL it just to look. Others probably feel the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.