• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

Alien Infestation Terrains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Here are terrains for my Alien Infestation map (Version 1.3a)

The little crappy picture is a preview of what the planet terrain you are looking at now, used to look like.

Attachments

• bunker.jpg
    bunker.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 422
  • mountains.jpg
    mountains.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 388
  • space(SouthernSector).jpg
    space(SouthernSector).jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 355
  • station.jpg
    station.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 399
  • bunkers.jpg
    bunkers.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 444
  • oldarea.jpg
    oldarea.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 425
Level 24
Mmh, looks really nice for playable terrain.
I got a little suggestion if your making icy terrain.
Create a doodad based of crystal, then set minimum size to 0 and max size something like 2-3.
Then make the doodad height to the minimum and you will get some nice icy looking doodad. (Just make sure to remove pathing so its walkable)

Attachments

• suggestion.jpg
    suggestion.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 273
Level 8
The trees don't seem alien enough for this map... maybe mushrooms or a custom tree thats made to look weird. Nice fogging though.

Thanks, but its actually just supposed to be a little area, that resembles an icy forest. I will make it look alot more alien though.

Mmh, looks really nice for playable terrain.
I got a little suggestion if your making icy terrain.
Create a doodad based of crystal, then set minimum size to 0 and max size something like 2-3.
Then make the doodad height to the minimum and you will get some nice icy looking doodad. (Just make sure to remove pathing so its walkable)

Ill try that out. (But personally I don't like the crystal doodad :p)

Level 25
The third screenshot looks best. Your terrain looks kind of messy. What gives your terrain this messy feeling is how you place your doodads. As you can see in the third screenshot, the arches and other doodads look like their placed a little off and aren't really alligned the way they probably should be.

Your other problem is that some of these look way too plain. The first one and the last one are easy examples of what I'm talking about.

~Craka_J

Level 8
The third screenshot looks best. Your terrain looks kind of messy. What gives your terrain this messy feeling is how you place your doodads. As you can see in the third screenshot, the arches and other doodads look like their placed a little off and aren't really alligned the way they probably should be.

Your other problem is that some of these look way too plain. The first one and the last one are easy examples of what I'm talking about.

~Craka_J

I know, I'm about to change that stuff anyways. The last one is a WIP area, It hasnt been planned out completely what is going there at the moment, since its a defense spot.

Also, I will give it that alien-like feeling soon. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.