• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

AI System v1.00

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Contents

Booty Bay (Map)

Reviews
12th Dec 2015 IcemanBo: Too long as NeedsFix. Rejected. 9/19/2012, 6:15 PM Magtheridon96: Why are there no triggers in the map? Did you seriously just upload a melee map? O_o

M

12th Dec 2015
IcemanBo: Too long as NeedsFix. Rejected.

9/19/2012, 6:15 PM
Magtheridon96:

Why are there no triggers in the map?
Did you seriously just upload a melee map? o_O

Level 15
- You should really improve the description. There are many different types of AI systems for many different types of maps.
- Your AI is very focused on the exact setup you had for this demo map. AI systems should be configurable to fit whatever map type it was made for.
- Every time a hero is attacked, you order him/her to use all of their abilities. Not very intelligent IMO.
- If my creeps enter an enemies base they just immediately run back to the center
- Why do the heroes revive in the center? Shouldn't they revive in their respective bases?
- You have tons of location leaks. I would reccomend reading a tutorial on leaks in the tutorial section.
- Youre upgrade and hero level up triggers run every 1 second. Why?

Last edited:
Can i make an AI system? This gave me the idea :D
btw, i didn't check any of the triggers in this system, but make sure you make the AI configurable for both heroes and units. And if the unit can only target a certain unit type, then make sure you add booleans to configure that.
This system has to work for any unit.
The only thing the user must do is configure the unit in an initialization trigger.
Just keep that in mind.
If this system doesn't work out, can i please create an AI system?
Your system should also check if the unit is paused, locust, or anything else like that.
Items should be stored in variables that the units will buy in a certain order depending on how much money the AI player has.

Make sure your system also supports certain events in-game like when the player's gold drops to a certain amount. For example, in DotA AI, the system detects that if the unit has under 135 gold, he will be issued to move to the destination, else if he has over 135 gold, he will be issued to buy a scroll and teleport to that destination. (I'm just giving an example; i don't know if it does that :p)

Also, you have to store the prices of items in variables.

Judging by the 45 Kb size of this system, i'm guessing it doesn't contain most of the features i mentioned above.

Please update it.

For now, i'll rate it at 2/5.

EDIT:

A few more suggestions: You have to assign priorities for each hero ability (ex: hostile (blizzard), passive (true-shot aura), hostile-passive (immolation), ulti-passive (Reincarnation), ulti-hostile (Finger of Death), auto-hostile (frost arrows), auto-supporting (heal)....)
If the hero encounters an enemy unit, he would usually decide depending on mana-cost, cooldown, and enemy hero HP, what ability to use.
If a hero has 4 abilities, 1 being hostile and 1 ulti-hostile and the rest passive, if the enemy unit has less than 20% HP, the AI hero wouldn't waste his ulti unless his hostile ability is on cooldown.

You must consider every single possiblity. Systems are supposed to work for MOST maps.

EDIT2:

ONE MORE THING:

Aren't YOU the guy who said: "Help me fix my spells guys cz i can't make them GUI" :D XD XD XD XD

Level 4
- You should really improve the description. There are many different types of AI systems for many different types of maps.
- Your AI is very focused on the exact setup you had for this demo map. AI systems should be configurable to fit whatever map type it was made for.
- Every time a hero is attacked, you order him/her to use all of their abilities. Not very intelligence IMO.- If my creeps enter an enemies base they just immediately run back to the center
- Why do the heroes revive in the center? Shouldn't they revive in their respective bases?
- You have tons of location leaks. I would reccomend reading a tutorial on leaks in the tutorial section.
- Youre upgrade and hero level up triggers run every 1 second. Why?

You mean to say; Not very intelligent. This is a classic oxymoron - you trying to sound smart while condescending to the author - yet you cannot even compose yourself enough to write the correct word. I think you may be "Not very intelligence".

Anyway, despite your ignorance I do agree that this AI only seems useful for the map it was made with and cannot really serve other maps in general. 2/5

good luck on that... coz that would need you to extract the triggers (because the map cannot be opened on WE), and I think, when extracted, the triggers look different...

They would look horrible lmao x)
I'm 100% sure they're coded in vJASS, so when you extract the .j file,
you're going to find hundreds and hundreds of arrays. (Structs are preprocessed like that :D)

Level 10
good luck on that... coz that would need you to extract the triggers (because the map cannot be opened on WE), and I think, when extracted, the triggers look different...
Yes you are right, but just to know that there are many ways to get to the original trigger in dota or any other map.

Last edited:
Level 2
Good, but in jass or vjass it will be real flexible and more useful then that one also its good for we starters, but overall 2/5