• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

AI & SyntaxChecker Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Hi.
I posted a thread at the AI (Artificial Intelligence) forum, but, like I expected, it wasn't commented on, so I am posting this here.

I need help with two things:
  1. First, the AI. I need to know how to make the AI repeat waves forever, instead of creating mass attack groups.
  2. Additionally, there's something that bugs me in Syntax Checker. It always yells at me because of undeclared variables, even when I'm declaring the object for a local. How to fix this?

~Thanks for your time (do not be afraid to answer!):smile:

Level 13
There are two aspects of AI:
  1. AI Editor - you can find it where the other editors are (Trigger Editor, Object Editor, Campaign Editor.....)
  2. AI scripting - JASS triggers
I only know the second aspect partially and I know almost nothing about the first one.

EDIT: Rui, can you explain the first question a bit more? I'm too dumb to understand it :)

Level 13
You're using Jass NewGen Pack........how cool :)

The problem may be that gg_unit_hsor_0000 doesn't exist. Those variables point to units on the map. Try to do something with that unit in GUI, convert it to JASS and see what that gg_unit variable looks like.

And about gg_trg_JASS, that could only happen if that trigger isn't named JASS................wait a minute. You aren't using TESH sintax checker, are you? Because that's the only thing coming on my mind. Don't use that checker, use the NewGen one, just save the map regularly and see if any error pops up, if yes, than that's the NewGen sintax checker that pointed it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.