• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

help with usin AI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
i need help with using AI

using the world editor's normal AI maker, i made an ai. i then made a trigger to assign it to a certain computer player, but the computer dosn't do anything in game.

i've tried checking for tutorials but they havn't taught me anything except what i already knew, or give any insight on how to fix the problem

could anyone more experienced with AI help? i dont get why the Ai dosnt do anything

Level 21
First you need to apply the AI and then create units for it. It won't know what to do with any other units.

Although I must note that sometimes the AI editor is simply stupid. The attached AI also sometimes shows that.

EDIT: A fancy little AI that I made some months ago.

Attachments

• (10)RagingStream.w3x
    200.3 KB · Views: 43
Level 21
Note that this AI uses a slightly customized techtree, so it tries to create zombies after building a crypt.
I just realized that the .ai script tells less than .wai, so here is .wai
It's zipped because .wai files are not allowed directly.

Attachments

• zombizz.rar
    842 bytes · Views: 53
Level 31
ok, i was able to get the AI to work, but it was actually on your raging streams map.

but, when i tried this again, on a completely flat empty map i randomly made, it didn't work

i don't get it at all, is there anything special in your map?

or is it the gold mines? are gold mines required for Ai to work? (as both my maps didn't have them, but yours does)

edit: i was finally able to get it to work. though, i still have no idea what the problem even was, as i remade my AI and it's pretty much identical. oh well, thanks for the help anyway and atleast it's solved. i repped you

Last edited:
Level 21
ok, i was able to get the AI to work, but it was actually on your raging streams map.

but, when i tried this again, on a completely flat empty map i randomly made, it didn't work

i don't get it at all, is there anything special in your map?

or is it the gold mines? are gold mines required for Ai to work? (as both my maps didn't have them, but yours does)

edit: i was finally able to get it to work. though, i still have no idea what the problem even was, as i remade my AI and it's pretty much identical. oh well, thanks for the help anyway and atleast it's solved. i repped you

My AI tries to build zombies from a crypt, that's all there is to it. I thought it would be so fun if they could use zombies.

Status
Not open for further replies.