• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do I turn off AI targeting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
This is default UNIT behavior. The melee AI script is just to make the AI play like they would in a melee game so training different units running back and fourth creepings etc. I don't think you can change this besides doing some extremely tedious and basically useless thing of making it switch to a different unit through triggers. Although I've never really looked into this type of thing so there could definitely be a way to do it jut from what I know there isn't. Also, the AI editor and jass ai editor is basically only to give the ai attack waves and all that.

Level 12
First of all you could try to use "AI - ignore guard position", sometimes this fixes ai problems for me, sometimes it doesn't. Honestly it's a complete mystery to me...

But other than that, the only thing you can do is to not use computer ai player afaik, i.e. have that player slot be empty/user.

That has the side-effect of completely removing all computer ai behaviors though, like for instance the units won't be using abilities unless they're on auto-cast or there's some trigger for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.