• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

..::Age of Survival::..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
[Update]
I am continually working on the new terrain and it is going nicely, although this last week I haven't had much time to work on it but I still did get a little in. I have posted 3 new screenshots to check out, and I personally think they are very cool. I will be posting some screenshot of each of the base classes later tonight, or tomorrow so just hang tight.

EDIT: Added the pictures of the classes (this picture might actually become my loading screen, I really like it.)

Last edited:
Level 6
Hmm .. High-res with warcraft-res is usually a big nono, unless you do it really, really well. I suggest either importing custom tiles or looking for new doodads .. although high-res does look nice.

I would usually agree with you Bel, but I don't mean to brag or anything, but I do think I have a nice balance with it. If you think other wise please tell, because I know just because I made it, I might just be forcing myself to think it looks good (sub-consiously) so please tell me if it really sucks.

Level 6
Man, you sure are impatient.
I have been working on my combat system (which I think is pretty sweet) and I will post more about it on the main post later, when I have more details. I have also been working on new items, weapons, armor and recipies and not much else to report. Hope that satisfies ya'.

Level 6
Hold your horses. I'm gonna add a new sub-section called "Features" to the main post to kind of summarize all the things that will be in it. I will post more about the combat later (like I already said) I just don't have time yet and I haven't fully integrated it to the game. It is almost complete.
As for how good it was, it was fine. It performed just how it normally would, you attack some guy and your character just fights him and you cast abilities to win. Nothing special in that now is there? I wanted a cooler, more inevative way to fight (although I did get the idea from another game) so it will be more tactile. More on that later.

Level 6
Not sure what your talking about with the sideways plants. The dead looking pine trees are tilted because they are dying and rotting trees so they tilt and are not as strong as the other trees.
As for the tiled hills, what else would you have me do to fix them? Give suggestions to help if you could please.

Level 6
Sorry for the double post.
[UPDATE]
Updated main post with the new indroduction, a to-do list to keep me on track and a combat sub-section that tells how it works.

Progress was a little slow lately so I decided to pick up the pace and tried to get a lot done. I have begun terraining the tundra area (inspired by Voids terrain on the tundra, in the terrain thread, Thanks Void :) and I am gonna try to blow through it and get it done in a couple of days or a week. I don't want to take too long on it so I can get started on the forest area. I have also instituted the new combat system, which you can learn more about at the main post.

Level 6
Thanks Dark, I don't think anyone has ever been so interested in one of my maps quite like you (and deathcom3s :) but you guys are keeping me interested. I won't be abandoning this one thanks to you guys at the Hive. Thanks for the inspiration and support.

Level 8
Thanks Dark, I don't think anyone has ever been so interested in one of my maps quite like you (and deathcom3s :) but you guys are keeping me interested. I won't be abandoning this one thanks to you guys at the Hive. Thanks for the inspiration and support.

=]
Its my pleasure,
If you do need help tho, I'm quite alright with the editor,
and I do have friends in high places that can help, Just Give me a buzz. =]
I'll be rooting for you, it may be silently from the sidelines, but I'm there.
Mwhahahaha...
*Disappears*

Level 6
Nice.
As I have told others. I really only work alone. No offense, I just have never liked group work or anything (unless I begin with a group) so I do most of it. Thanks for the offer anyway.

Level 15
I still wouldn't mind doing some terraining for you if you want to get some triggers done.

Lol, it's my job to keep you interested, i don't want to see this one die just like your other projects. I wish you would have finished that rpg, even though you made it when you weren't nearly as good with triggers :p

Level 6
Oh, yeah, I really liked that one. Made the most progress on that one then any of my other ones. I still might re-visit it and finish it sometime. It is nearly complete, just needs more quests and items into it, and some cleaning up of triggers. Other than that, it pretty much playable.

Level 6
Yes, most definatly. But not in AoS :), or for the most part. Maybe a couple that need to be patched up.
BTW, to all that are looking forward to this project. I am selling my computer and might not be working on it for a bout' 2-3 weeks. A long time, but I really have no choice. Once my computer is built, it will be back and running. I am not dropping it. It is still on, just delayed.
Thanks again for the support.

Level 2
Dead project?

I see you've put your project to an end, temporarily i hope?
All i know i'm really excited about this map and i fear it will never be finished now :S am i wrong to suspect that?

Level 8
I see you've put your project to an end, temporarily i hope?
All i know i'm really excited about this map and i fear it will never be finished now :S am i wrong to suspect that?

Don't worry,
I'm sure hes just taking his time on it, because being a mapper continuously working on one project.
Gets real boring, which is why many people switch through different projects at a time.
I have great hope for this project, and it looks awesome, =]
Keep Working on it!
-Calvin

Level 15
No need to worry, he's currently without a PC, and he should get a new one soon. He's also been very busy with school and has had no time to mod.

This project is not dead, just merely on hold for the above reasons, he told me he will finish this project and he seems very enthusiastic about it.

Ther's an update for ya'

~Deathcom3s

Level 6
Thanks deathcom3s! As he said, my project is not dead. I have never really finished a project before because usually they are just all the same. AoS is different. As far as I know it is unique and I am happy with myself to be creating something different, its exciting. I plan on finishing it by the summer, or at least early summer (definatly by the end of it.) It still amazes me that you guys are so enthused about it and thats another reason why I can't just stop. The other being I am PC-less right now, as I sold it to deathcom3s. At least one of us will be making progress on something.
Again, my project is not dead. It will be finished.

Level 6
Thanks Dark, I know your one who really wants to see this finished. Don't worry, nothing has changed and I still plan on finishing it, just as you know, I don't have a computer to work on. But here's an update! I have ordered my parts and they are due to arrive this Wednesday. That means that I can start working on it again. Thanks again Dark for your continued support.
I plan to finish Age of Survival during the Summer. Hopefully by the end of the summer, but I would really like to finish it by the end of June or midway through July. Just a little plan there to keep you informed!

Level 8
Awesome,
My Birthday is July 13th, Come on! Get me a Present, xP
Nah, I'm good, Looking forward to this map is enough for me, I myself have strayed from Map Making,
Been spending to much time on RPG Maker VX.
Well, anyways, I can't express how much I Hope this map gets done, Keep up the great work.
-Calvin

Level 6
IT'S BACK!!!!
Thanks for all your patience loyal fans!!! (I make that statement lightly, seeing as fan-base is probably little for this project...) I have just recently built myself a new computer and I am back in the ol' mapping seat. I have resumed progress with AoS and am back to regular work. It has been 3 or so months since I have mapped so I am moving real slow, but as soon as I get in the groove again, things will fly by.

My agenda for now is to just try and finish terraining things. Once that is done I will move on to the in-depth triggering of the whole survival system.

PLEASE HELP ME WITH MY MAP!(see below)
I come to the Hive community for help. It would take me a long time to design and come up with ideas for weapons and items in the game so I would like your help. What I need is for your ideas on what kind of items I could put into the game. These could be weapons, armor, rings, pendants and the like. Mainly equipable items, but I am open to anything. I would like it in this format if you do have ideas:

Name:
Damage/Defense: (if applicable)
Ability: (if applicable)
Description:

Also, remember that this game is a serious game so please make the items have serious descriptions, names and abilities. You could even add materials needed to make the item if you so choose as blacksmithing is possible in the game. And one last thing: Names/text can be part of Warcraft lore, as this game is set in the World of Warcraft.

Level 8
YAY!
Finally, took you long enough, I've been... around, =P
I've started my own project, But its okay, I haven't really brought it to the hive yet. =]
Anyways, I'm Glad to hear your back, and I can't wait for you to get back into action!
A item that came to the top of my head. =]

Name: Stone Axe
Damage: Preferably Low
Ability: Passive ability to add bleeding to target opponent, ability to cut trees for lumber.
Description: The simple stone axe was created with a sharpened stone and a small stick. The stone is thatched onto the wood with varies strings found among the wild.

Just something basic for now. xD
Can't wait to hear more from you!
-Calvin

Level 2
Name: Pointed Stick
Damage: quite low
Ability: 25% chance to give bleeding effect
Description: Just a stick sharpened with a stone.

Name: Piece of bark (Shield)
Defence: +1.5 armour
Ability: throw at enemy = stun 2 sec
Description: Simple piece of bark, can be thorn of a tree.

Name: Fishnet (maybe different qualities of this item, low, medium, high ...)
Ability: Throw at enemy/fish entangling them for 8sec
Description: Pieces of string fletched together to a net.

Last edited:
Level 8
These 3 are awfully similar but would be rather nice to have. =]

Name: Leather Hide [Low Quality]
Defense: Low
Ability: Passive ability, Mobility, more chance to avoid enemy oncoming attacks.
Description: Crafted from the skin of some animal, the leather is ruined in most parts providing a minimumal amount of defense against attacks or provides warmth in cool climates. Being light it provides the user with excellent mobility to weave in and out of forests, or avoid on coming attacks.

Name: Leather Hide [Mid Quality]
Defense: Low-Mid
Ability: Passive ability, Mobility, more chance to avoid enemy oncoming attacks.
Description: Crafted from the skin of some animal, the leather is for the most part good, as only in certain locations the skins seem to be of low quality. The leather hide provides protection against attacks or provides warmth in cool climates. Being light it provides the user with excellent mobility to weave in and out of forests, or avoid on coming attacks.

Name: Leather Hide [High Quality]
Defense: Mid
Description: Crafted from the skin of some animal, the leather is in excellent condition, crafted into a fine leather hide to wear the use is provided with protection against attacks and is provided with warmth in cool climates. Being light it proves the user with excellent mobility to weave in and out of forests, or avoid on coming attacks.

Level 6
Thanks! Those are great ideas! You guys have came up with the kinda' stuff I was looking for, primitive! Keep the good ideas flowing and as always you will be added to the credits of AoS.

Level 8
No Problem,
Try making High - Low quality versions of lots of items,
It will make the game more interesting and keep players on trying to get high quality goods.

Name: Wooden Club
Damage: Relatively Low
Ability: Has a small chance to put the target into a dazed state for a few seconds.
Description: This wooden club was crafted from a shaft of wood found on the ground. Its relatively thick and being hit by it can cause a minor dazed state.

Name: Wooden Spear
Damage: High Damage
Ability: Has a chance to either pin the target to the ground, or add bleeding effects to the opponent.
Description: This wooden stick has a sharp stone at the end of the shaft. Being held on with vines or other strings found amongst the wild. The stone is sharp enough to pierce into the flesh of its opponents but must be thrown and after throwing the spear it is lost.

Level 2
Name: Spiked Club
Damage/Defence: medium (impure metals) - high (pure metals)
=> blacksmith, idea of impure mined ores and pure ores (after that thing you need to clear impurities dunno, it appears in wow xD)
Ability: chance of bleeding effect, chance of small daze
Description: Furious barbarian looking weapon, guarantees to a good pummelling. , created out of a wooden club and metal spikes. (This item is created in blacksmithing)

Name: Wooden Shield
Damage/Defence: + 3 armour
Ability: Block ( + 2 armour - 40 % speed )
Description: Fine piece of crafted wood, dunno how to do this yet :p

Name: Leather Shield
Damage/Defence: + 4.5 armour
Ability: Block ( + 2 armour - 40 % speed )
Description: Fine piece of crafted wood, properly covered with hides to reduce the bash of weapons. made out of Wooden Shield and hides.

Level 15
I have an idea for your uber project which I support very, VERY much:

Instead of making random items, you could follow the pattern of games like Oblivion: they have different levels of the same item. For example, have different levels of Axes. Say the weakest would be Bronze, medium would be Iron, and strongest could be Steel. After that you could add special items that don't fall into these tiers, such as a magic staff or something or other.

Edit: If you DON'T finish this map, I will steal... your DIGNITY. HAHAHAHAHA.

Level 6
Unfortunatly for you my friend, I really hate the way Oblivion does their weapons and armor system. Hated from the minute I played it. Its just one of the many reasons that Morrowind is better. But, I will still have some generic item patterns that just follow a sort of suit, like that. But I really want the items to just be all different and that sort of thing. Thanks for the help though!

Level 15
Sorry for the necro post, but I thought I'd revive this thread.

This project is NOT dead! Last time I talked to TSW, he was very eager to finish AoS. And the last time I saw the map, it was looking great!

He had to start from a backup because of trigger problems, absolutely none of the triggers were working (not sure if he ever figured out why, but he's already moved on past that problem).

So, you better finish this, or I'll be having a little talk with you next time I see you.

~Death

Level 6
Looks like some guessing is going on in the thread.

It's true that I would like it not to be dead, but I have been having a lot of trouble finding time to finish AoS. I did absolve the trigger problem I was having and even did not have to go back to my backup, so that is good news. Unfortunatly for you guys though, I haven't worked on AoS for over a month :(. I really appreciate the encouragement to keep going on this project, and its really only because of you guys that I constantly find my mind wondering back to the project. I promise to begin work on AoS once more. In fact, recently I have kind of had a revival in my interest for modding.

I hope that you guys don't give up on me quite, yet. Oh, and one more thing: keep you eyes out for a BETA ;)

Level 6
Double post, I know, but I have an update for you guys, something that hasn't happened in a while.
So I have planned out the opening cinematic, finally, and now just need to trigger it. I have also planned out the sub-classes abilities and have finished about half of them as of now. I have also finished the regular classes abilities. I have also created most, if not all, of the Alchemists items that he can create, and now I just have to trigger the item creation for those.
And one more thing. Sad to say, but I have dropped the Scout from the Class line-up, and now it only consists of the Hunter, Thief, Gatherer and Beastmaster. The reason is that I felt that one of the Hunter's sub-classes, the Tracking Hunter, could easily replace the scout. The Scout was very pointless and I have just evenly spread out what little part he played in the survivors role amongst the other classes.

Hope you all enjoy that!

Level 6
Triple post?
Since not a lot (no one) is posting here I kinda have to triple post for an update. I have implemented the cinematic and have continued to work on the map, like doodading it and fixing terrain things. Theres another update for ya!

Level 6
Open BETA Released!

Here it is! Finally, after about a year in progress and several terrain changes, I give you the BETA for Age of Survival!

DOWNLOAD AT THE FIRST POST

Now you may all play the game and see what I have been up to. The BETA contains many of the things in the main game, but you can only get to level 10. You also cannot sub-class or get a profession, as though systems are not finished yet. Tons of the item recipies are in there (something like 30-40) so have fun surviving.
If you guys could play this multiplayer, that would be great. I have not yet tested it multi-player so I don't even know if that end works :)
Also, feel free to post any comments, suggestions or bugs that you find so that I may make the map better

Thankyou all for staying to devoted to this project! Now, go SURVIVE!

Oh, and deathcom3s, I was going to upload this at wc3creations, but it would seem it was down at the time, so I'll check later.

Status
Not open for further replies.