• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Age of Survival - Open Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Here it is.

After many delays and distractions, I have concluded that I will MOST LIKELY never finish Age of Survival. Therefore, I have decided to release what I have completed to the community. The map is completely open source so you can open it up and learn from it or finish it if you want to.

The moderators might take down the map from the map download section, so I will put what I wrote there here. If in the case they do remove it, I will re-post the map here.

Here is Age of Survival!

Many of you might think this is a complete and full game. It is not. It is all I have had time to work on but is far from what I envisioned it. Due to many distractions and the like, I have not/most likely will not have time to complete it, and so it is to the community I give it.

You may take it and re-vamp it or totally re-make it, or learn from it (if you can find anything worth learning in it). It is the final and most advanced map that I have made and so it might teach some people a thing or two. If you would like, you may also finish it as I have envisioned. I will outline what it is that I have not completed so that you may do so if you wish.

-Terraining (mainly doodading) of about 50% of the map is needed (as is evident)
-A weather system with character effecting hazards has NOT been set up
-Creep Spawn/Re-spawn system is made but not implemented for all regions
-Professions need to be completed. Construct most completed
-A few items need to be created and corresponding recipes are needed
-The so-called "Construction Era" needs triggering
-Balancing
-Some bug-fixes with current code (no auto-cast on warmth)
-Numerous leaks need to be addressed

That is somewhat a "to-do" list that I wanted to complete.
If you would like to play this game, it is quite do-able but you won't be able to expand your horizons much. Only the first area (about lvls 1-10) is finished so you could play it like that. Also some imports need to be cleaned/removed but many are in working order and should stay.

Hope you guys have fun with this and please if you do finish it or edit it, I only ask that you leave my name in their somewhere. Thankyou!

If you have no idea what this is about, here is an OLD progress thread containing some more information about my map: Age of Survival

Looks like I'll just post the map here.

Attachments

• TSWsAgeOfSurvival - OpenRelease.w3x
    2.6 MB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.