• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

TwentyThree's Survival (Working Title)

Do you:

• Love the map and its concept

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Like the map

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dislike the map

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Hate the map and its concept

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
TwentyThree's Survival v0.45
Life on your own!
BETA STAGE!

Introduction
The game is to survive with the natural world around you for as long as you can. Do whatever you like, build a place to live, kill poor defenseless white Rabbits, and make your own clothes out of their skin! :mwahaha:
The game is sort of complicated, so I wouldn't advise playing it if you have no patience. Just saying that ahead of time.

You start off in the top-left of the map, in the shallow water of the mighty Sea. You have to survive, while having fun obviously, and exploring all the kinds of professions to their fullest extent.

Farming
Farming is the love of the land, the growing of vegetable and fruit, raising animals to produce items for living, such as clothing or food.
Wood Working
WoodWorking is everything concerning the lovely plants in the Tree category. Carving items with knives, chopping trees down with axes, or making Posts from logs.
Mining
Mining is the love of rocks, of minerals, and of ore. Use a pickaxe to chop at the ground, revealing items suitable for making items and buildings of immense use.
Tailoring
Using thread and skins from dead animals to create useful items of epic proportions. Not really. Just make some bags for professions, some clothes for yourself, and bags for Farming, like Wheat Seed Bags.
Cooking
Cooking is the love of food, making exquisite dishes for the consumption of others. Make lovely dishes like some Cooked Rabbit Meat, or even better, Poor Quality Bread.
Skinning
Skin dead animals for the lovely meat inside, the skins, and the sinew!
Tinkering
Tinkering is basically making all items not made from other professions. Make knives, axes, buildings, and other such things from the items around you.
Alchemy
Alchemy is the love of herbs, of potions, of healing and poisoning. Do whatever it takes to know everything about the mysteries of Alchemy.
That is just the "Advertising" of the professions. To actually find out the details of those professions, you need to play in the game! This is so people can comment without knowing absolutely everything about the map beforehand.
I do advise pausing the game and reading the Quest log, it does have some useful information in there.

Credits are listed in map. If you see a resource you have created, let me know, with a link to where you posted your resource, and I shall add you.

Please refrain from using negative words in my thread, or putting insulting posts.
This is also the first time I use this specific forum, and if i missed anything out from the description, please let me know.

Whatever version that was last - v0.45
-Added temperature, when it is 0 you start to lose life and energy at a significant rate.
-Added Deer and its meat Venison. Does not drop anything else at the moment
-Alchemy available with two potions.
-Added towns, becoming more of a life game than survival game.
-Added Blacksmithing, you can make only a few items.
-Added new building: Waterbarrel.
-There is now a weather and date system included, with the date and weather changing every 120 seconds. Weather is affected by the seasons.
-Farming is now influenced by the seasons, Wheat cannot be grown in winter, Lettuce can't be grown in Autumn or Winter.
-Added two new plants to farm, Thai Mushroom and Tham Flower. Both are used for alchemy.
-Clothing is now available, and does decrease temperature loss by a small amount.
-Items now spawn periodically, since they are base items.
-Changed a lot of misc things, too many to list.
-Interact with random items to get tidbits of (sometimes useless) information!

-Fishing Profession
-Procurable(Capturing) Animals to be raised with Farming skill
-More Animal diversity
-Better terrain(still!)

I can't make the map better if nobody tells me whats wrong! remember that!

Attachments

• TwentyThree's Survival Protected.w3x
    386.3 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Level 11
First of all im just gonna say lol, there is an incredible amount of features in this survival map, how would this work out? so much you gotta think about but then again, so much stuff u can do which makes it funner, i hope :p hehe

Level 8
its not JUST going to be a survival map, but the name kind of says that...
I'm just trying to make a really in-depth game allowing you to do lots, and lots of things, while hunger and energy are still a problem of your every day life, as well as surviving and gaining levels in different professions! Might not seem smart, but i'll make it work! :D

Level 11
I understand, ive attempted to make maps just like it, i love in depth maps that doesnt just focus on one particular goal, but many things! hah i hope your map ends up great :D hehe

Level 11
will there be a save/load feature... i know it would be wierd but if your planning to make this in depth i suggest maybe add save/load for some stuff like maybe items... but idk, its just an idea :p hehe

Level 11
haha there ya go, i can see this being a good map.. i never played a survival map with this much potential... heck i hardly play survival maps because they dont have this potential :D hehe

Level 2
Well, allow me to say,this map is quite challenging if you don't know how to play. And really, if you want people to play it then they have to be able to get past the beginning. They don't want to just die before seeing all the cool parts of the map. Make it get progressively harder. Have it start off easy enough so people can get their handle on it and then make it get harder. And with your map, a certain feature allows this to happen. Your seasons. Have it start off late summer, and as fall and winter start to approach it gets harsher for the players to do every 'day' work. But not to where they are doing almost nothing. And also the days should go by faster and you should utilize day and night for their pros and cons. But thats just a suggestion... >.>

Level 4
Hmm, there's a few problems with the tooltips for unequiped items in the equipment manager which look like clothing, a bag, gloves, and whatever Wirt's leg is supposed to be. Three of them say feet, and the bag says main hand when they're all clearly not that.

Temperature constantly going down isn't very realistic since people can die from fevers too, and it's not like it's an icy environment there. Maybe you can come up with a way to cause people to have to regulate their temperature (keeping it within a certain range and the increase or decrease changing between seasons) instead of just keeping it up. Water could be used to keep temperature down to prevent fevers. Higher temperatures can cause energy to go down faster as well.

Great map. Like Geazergimli2 was saying, this map has a lot of potential. It's now officially my favorite survival map, even though it seems far from finished :thumbs_up: I wish I had more time to test it out today. I'll definitely be looking forward to updates though.

Level 11
lol be sure to change ur map description from surive to survive :p but i know its the beta, but im just saying lol, and i dont know i u want to but y not add like 1 bear that lurks around :p hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.