• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Aeronauts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I'm currently working on the first great isle.

aeronauts_predev_003ucyo.jpg

aeronauts_predev_004jfh9.jpg

aeronauts_predev_008ihht.jpg

Furthermore I should stop the development, because there's a lack of activity - and organization - throughout the whole devTeam except one or two people.
Coffeeholic, our Project Leader is offline since 7 days. So guys, get active on the closed board now! I won't spend my time/energy just for an unfinished dead-end-project.

I got a few ideas. Why not make a save/load system that stores "Air Points", and with more points, you have the choice to stay with your old ship, or give up ALL of your ships for ships named after the makers of the game. Like The Ap0calypse, The Indomitable, etc. But of course those ships are stronger. And a ship model idea, place a Tauren Head on the ship's front, to show that they are strong.

Actually it's probably best to do that now - that way you don't have a coder sitting around doing nothing waiting for someone else to finish the quests. If you get it all organized in advance then it's easier, and quicker, the actually code it.

Also it's quests, not complicated systems. You don't have to be so particular in the type of coding it's in, someone willing to it in GUI will work just as well - that is assuming they do it leakless.

Level 2
Alright, this is a map that I am extremely passionate about and although I don't have any skills for this type of work other than my pen and paper I will take control for now to keep this project running.

First and foremost the starting zones are in the sky, at each of the specific Islands. There are is an island for each race the elves' one being the most dramatic and spectacular. Each is a starting area. (cept for the elves). We need to organize this up and we are having SERIOUS problems with people knowing whos doing what. I will attempt to organize now seeing as all the other first-people are either broken or dead.

Coffeeholic: Project Leader-spider22 until Coffee gets back I suppose
Chanan12: Creative Director.
Medion555: 3D Artist.
Takakenji: Object Manager.
Kontulainen: / De.Facto: Terrain Creator.
spider22: Storyline Developer.
WhereWolfThereWolf: Music Director.
Part-time:
ap0calypse: Spell/System Coder
Indomitable1319: Ideas/Comments.
Credits:
Supertoinkz: Ideas.

Okay. So. We need to start this up...I have never made a map or led a map making team so I don't know how things come together. But I will create a plan now for us all.

*YOU MAY WORK ON YOUR VARIOUS THINGS BUT THE TERRAIN -MUST- BE FINISHED IN ROUGH FORM TO BEGIN WORK...right?* If we can do things without the terrain and then piece it all together at the end SOMEONE TELL ME so I can edit this and create a more accurate guideline.

1. Terrain: We need Islands for each race. Elves the best looking. We need 1 or 2 for the pirates. We need the half the map to be the "mist" it is not as vital to the map as the islands so do the islands THEN the mist.

2. Models: We do not totally know what the models for this map will be, I think that should be discussed at a later date aight? If you are making models by all means continue because we love models either way.

3. Quests: Starting area quests can be written out and planned....They are going to be on the Mist Island so we need short quests for what class you are (You know, pirate or trader) I guess that means 2 for each race. @Takakenji That quest chain is wonderful but yeh cant go down under the mist until you have the money to buy the builders. Its strictly for a mini-strategy game that you can play.

4. Items: Brainstorm for now guys. We cant really implement these until the terrain is done, right?

5. Music WORK IT UP BOYZ! Isn't it done already? Will be implemented upon final.

6. Coding: I don't know if you can implement pre-created coding into a map? I really just don't know. If you can then we will do it but if not you have to start from scratch one the terrain is done?

Also we need to decide whether the only unit you have until you do something in the mist is a ship thats your "hero" much like Battleship wars. OR its more like Bloody Pirates where you have a hero thats a humanoid AND a ship hero. I think we need the second of those two for quests, right?

Hope this helps you all, lets also hope Coffee gets back and Chanan fixes his computer.

Level 8
Off topic: Zomg im back. My computer lost all its applications and third party data. Soooooo im reinstalling everything.

Sooo, im glad to see things have been trudging along while i was absent. Everything so far is !STAMP! approved :D

I believe a 2d artist is something that is required

Yes. a 2D artist is needed asap. Im moderately good at editing existing skins made by blizzard, but making something from scratch is hard. i also think that since the skins will be in the map only and probably not uploaded to hive, you can use those pre-made textures that you copy and paste. I will not accept any bland or unshaded work. i expect it to be top notch! I shall judge it! (with help from yall... :D)

Level 10
@Indomitable: I can't say I like the idea. Saving points to get much better ships is not something that would fit. I recall someone saying that you can only get 1 kind of ship (depending on your job), but you can upgrade it with whatever. If anything, have neutral ships with the sames, or secrets in the "Mist".
As for the map:
At least someone is willing to take control. If required, I can be a tester. I'm pretty busy with my own project to do anything else.

Level 8
Well seeing that the projest IS actually moving (even if it is at a mega slow rate that makes me cry) Positions remain the same unit the person in the position releives them selves. I wount want anyone crying over getting "kicked" so

Coffeeholic: Project Leader
Chanan12: Creative Director.
Medion555: 3D Artist.
Takakenji: Object Manager.
Kontulainen: / De.Facto: Terrain Creator.
spider22: Storyline Developer.
WhereWolfThereWolf: Music Director.
Part-time:
ap0calypse: Spell/System Coder
Indomitable1319: Ideas/Comments.
Credits:
Supertoinkz: Ideas.

No changes. keep going. post more.

Level 22
I'm currently working on the first great isle.

aeronauts_predev_003ucyo.jpg

aeronauts_predev_004jfh9.jpg

aeronauts_predev_008ihht.jpg

Furthermore I should stop the development, because there's a lack of activity - and organization - throughout the whole devTeam except one or two people.
Coffeeholic, our Project Leader is offline since 7 days. So guys, get active on the closed board now! I won't spend my time/energy just for an unfinished dead-end-project.

O-M-Gesus beautiful terrain is the terrain a tileset skin?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Okay I have some recommendations... The races definetely need reworked they don't make sense <_>. These are some of their notables that they should have.
Races:
Orcs: High Damage, High Health, Slow Movement Speed, Slow Attack Speed, and Stronger Crews.
Goblins: Low Damage, Medium Health, Increased Regeneration (Ability), Fast Movement Speed, and Weak Crews.
Humans: Medium-High Damage, Medium Health, Mercenary Recruitment, Medium Movement Speed, and Good Crews.
Dwarves: Extremely Durable Ships (Moreso than Orcs), Low Damage, Slow Movement Speed, Powerful Abilities, and Average Crews.

Your described stats for these races don't make much sense to me... Like Orcs having high damage but average health?
You should add crews that you can dispatch from your ship onto isles so you can capture them or such?
You should also add a stealth race the Undead... Low health, High damage, Invisibility (Ability), Weak Crews, and a 20% chance for dead crew members to reassemble after death.

You also need to make each ship have a captain that can be dispatched with crew members.

Last edited:
I've noticed that everyone trying to open the map on De.Facto's site has had odd errors with their browsers, I scanned the map and there's no viruses but still it's odd - I've never gotten this sort of thing before.

Edit: Hmmm it seemed to work fine this time

Also, we should continue development here too, mainly since everyone already has an account on this site, and it's an easy site to check. I'm not saying disregard DF's site, I'm just saying it's also a good idea to update here for the people already following the thread.

Level 9
i opened yhe map and my WE is broken....the rough dirt is for some reason white....wtf...

thats his "sky tile" you guys have a custom one i believe ? maybe we should import the skin into the map he uses.

In the mean time my main computer crashed (darn) and lost all my models, but on my extenal harddrive (thats what suckh a thing is called in english right ?

Level 9
erm, medion - no? (; When I'm in the team, and the rest of you is still motivated .. there's always a further development. I'll keep working on the terrain .. but I'm also very busy during these days.

That's good to hear :)
Soon I'm going on vacation for 18 days will maybe come online there a few times but after the vacation I should be able to model again and do the final touch on the ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.