• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Aeronauts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't give out my email - I just saw that when I check the forum (which I do every once in a while) - he completely redid the site, now with vbulletin I believe (definitely an improvement) but the Aeronauts sub-forum is no longer one of the forums on it, whether that be due a wip site or that he just dropped that project as it pretty much wasn't going where right now (I wouldn't blame him if he did this) I don't know.

Level 11
Am I going to develop Aeronauts alone? I got 2 another projects which hasn't been finished yet.
I would suggest, that you just start with the basic systems, units, models until I keep working on any further terrain.

Furthermore I can set up Aeronauts as hosted project on the new forum. The new one has just every feature we need.

Last edited:
Am I going to develop Aeronauts alone?

Hopefully not, but really look at the project team.
No one even planned for a serious person to code the systems except Ap0, and he sure can't do that alone.

Spider22 hasn't been active for 2 months now
Coffeholic about 4 months now

We've got positions like "creative director" - honestly, what does a creative director even do? On a small scale project (relative, it's large for a wc3 project but compared to a full standalone game) like this we can't afford to have many people doing nothing, or something barely useful. Story direction and general ideas is good, but honestly if you don't do something that generally furthers the project, like coding, terraining, etc., your not extensively helping. A good concept goes nowhere without execution.

SO if this project is going to actually go anywhere, I'd suggest a restructuring of the team to fill in some of the gaps we have, thus something we're going to really need is a/a few coder(s).

Status
Not open for further replies.