• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Defense / Survival] Advice on Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
So after a long, long period of inactivity, I've tried to take again map developing as a hobby, but I've noticed there has been a LOT of development regarding triggers, JASS and making everything nicer for GUI, Indexing, etc. It's actually amusing and exciting, but it got me kinda lost on what I really need (as for must-have/recommended stuff in a map nowadays).

I suppose I should be kinda specific so right now I'm working on a Hero Defense map. Mostly looking for systems for spells at the moment. I've implemented the Preloader and GUI SpellEvent, but don't really know what to implement to make MUI, indexing and leakless trigger with more ease? Any suggestions are welcome!

Level 30
Level 6
Try looking at one of Hanky's DC System which is Dynamic Indexing Template: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...25/?prev=search=Indexing%20System&d=list&r=20

and also, you do not need a system to learn MUI but simply a tutorial (actually also for Dynamic Indexing). Anyway, a tutorial about MUI if you might also want to see: http://www.thehelper.net/threads/triggers-multi-unit-instanceability-mui.98614/

Thanks a lot! Especially for the quick reply! :)
And sure thing, I'll take some good time to read it then.
I'll drop more questions if they come up.

Level 6
Just FYI, I moved your thread to the Idea Factory. It seemed like a good fit.

Not a problem ^^

So I've been testing the links and the MUI systems and have been getting the hang of it (although it is still kind of voodoo for my knowledge). I see there are Dynamic Loops 1 and 2 (currently using 2 as the maker mentioned there isn't really any difference), but also Handle Indexer. Is there any common usage for these two regarding spells? I noticed the dynamic loops are good for over time effects, and he used a line spell as an example, any other usages?

How about Handle Indexers and what he calls Fusion? I also noticed his Example System of Handles is what makes Handle spells work, or am I wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.