• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Advanced - Unit - Change Unit's Damage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
I created a map using WEU Enhancer, ticked the "Use advanced triggers" and then imported the map to my campaign.

In my map initialisation trigger there is the "Advanced - Initialize advanced triggers" action.

My trigger is as follows:

• Sword
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Sword
    • Actions
      • Advanced - For (Hero manipulating item) Increase damage by 5
But it doesn't do anything. The trigger is initially on. Why I want to do this is that I want the added damage to not show as a green +5 next to the unit's damage (hence not using the "add 5 bonus damage" ability on the item), but to increase the white numbers.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Level 13
Not familiar with such action, but I do know that some of those advanced action have the tendency to display an akward behavior.

as for the damage, to deal the damage isn't that hard, but I wouldn't can't give you a real answer on how to display the extra damage other than just adding it via the item.

Some triggers in WEU dont work well. I sometimes use weu and.... im a BIT confused. And one thing, If you cant tell the difference of the Original Damage and the Updated Damage, then you must be stupid.
Lets say Original DMG is 50. You used trigger right? The Updated DMG should be +5. 50 + 5 = 55. But, you know, if the person drops the sword, the damage has to decrease by the increase digit.

Level 37
If you cant tell the difference of the Original Damage and the Updated Damage, then you must be stupid.
Lets say Original DMG is 50. You used trigger right? The Updated DMG should be +5. 50 + 5 = 55. But, you know, if the person drops the sword, the damage has to decrease by the increase digit.

Oh boy..

paskovich said:
I don't understand why don't you just add an item ability (Item Damage Bonus +X) to the Sword that increases damage by 5?

I don't want the green numbers, as stated in my initial post.

HappyTauren said:
and do you people know that there is manual that originaly comes with weu? why no1 reads it?

I have read it, and done as it says.

Av3n said:
Because ppl are dumb. Use abilities

I still don't want the added damage to be displayed as green numbers, as will happen when using abilities.

Cokemonkey11 said:
create an ability that increases attack by 10 and give it to the sword item.

And this does not add green +dmg?

Use Advanced Upgrades
Enables all advanced trigger actions to change unit stats via triggers
I have done this also.

HappyTauren said:
LOL! READ THE !@#$ING FIRST POST! HE DOESNT WANT GREEEEENIE NUMBERS!
instead, make upgrade, that applies to unit you want, and set attack dice/base/sides per die bonuses, then via triggers enlarge abilitie levels

Thank you. I will try that.

EDIT:I got it working, thanks again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.