• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

adding particles on specific places

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Heres an ugly drawing of a part of the texture (not the real texture) of a model i want to add particles to. This is just 1 side of the texture and of the model.

I dont know if its possible and how, i want to add mana drain lightning in each of the blue boxes, filling them, i.e to take the space exactly in the blue and in channeling animation in the same direction (the same way as siphon mana channeling and as you can see if the blue line is downward, then in downward direction, if horiznotal, the lightning to be horizontal as well). I use Magos's prog and i 'use as texture' the drain mana .blp, create a new particle 2 with the node manager but how i can make this i dont know. Pls help.

And 2 more things:
- if this is made, how to make it only for the 'stand 'animaiton, i want it to disappear if dead.

2) I already have some parts falling as death animation,i want to create another particle with the explosion in the bottom and center of the model and i want this new particle only for the death animation,

Level 27
You don't add particles to the texture :roll:
And you also can't do lightning effects in Magos, unless you custom texture that and at verts and whatever...
But if you are trying to get the emitter to be in a certain place, right click on it, go to edit node, NOT EDIT! and it will say something like pivot point x y z, and all of those will be zero.
Change those points to where you want it to be.
A lot of toying around is required.
Then also, for the getting it to play on certain animations, then this time right click and EDIT NOT EDIT NODE and check the box that says visibility. In the meantime have your sequence manager or whatever it's called (sequence editor? NOT GLOBAL SQUENCES!).
Click on all the animations you want it to NOT BE VISIBLE.
It will say start and end (i think, I don't have magos anymore... just look for something like start and end; start and finish, beginniing and finish, etc...)
Copy the BEGINNING TIME and paste that into your Edit box for the particle. Make a colin, a space, then put "0"
It should look like this:
17000: 0
Then do that for every animation YOU DON'T WANT IT VISIBLE IN!
To reduce bugs and not take chances, copy the beginning of each one you want it to be visible in, and paste it, colin, 1.
Like this:
667: 1
Note: THEY MUST BE IN NUMERICAL ORDER!
12337: 0
THAT IS BAD!
12337: 0
THAT IS GOOD!
Any other questions you may post here for me to answer... I was no rookie at magos before I left the modeling community.
--donut3.5--

Level 7
Thanks but i think i cant make them work since they are ||| for 1 part of a squaure, that makes 3x4 =12 for 1 square or 72 for all others and ordering them, i cant even figure out how to put them in these places, not to say precisely. I'll just use the texture only, as 'plasma' since it looks well enough and the model is to be small size. However, ill need help about the major effects for death animation because ill need to add this to many of my futuristic buildings im going to make and will need smth def. on certain positions.

Thats why i'd like to know how do you add an effect to a model, i want to apply it just to the 'death' animation, lets say i already made smth for the model to break into pieces. Now i dont know how to make an explosion to occur on the center of that model. For some reasons i want to make blue explosion, how can i take for example the fragboomspawn and from the ordinary yellow fire to recolour it to blue? What prog and how can i then apply such thing to the model's death anim ?

Status
Not open for further replies.