• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Adding Alternate Collision shape and attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hey guys :)

i have the problem now with collision shapes and attachment points.

I got 1 model which have alternate animation. the alternate version is a second model which is way bigger then the normal one. both are in one mdx. So i need a bigger collision shape and new attachments for the alternate model.

i just figured out how to activate/deactivate particle emitters for individuall animations. but i dont know how to dectivate the smaller collision shape when my model goes into the alternate animation. same problem with attachments,

Level 9
Try using separate units for each version, each having different collision sizes. Replace the unit with the smaller collision size with the bigger one as needed.

For attachments, you can add/remove dummy abilities that add the attachments for the unit.

Level 8
8fa4cb86a98e4c1bbb28ad2fd4e018bb.png

I got this model. Alternate animation is that he swaps into the model behind himself.

the bigger collision shape shoudl only be activatet in the alternate animations. same with the attachment points with the bigger model.
Problem is that both are activatet from start. i dont know how to set it.

i know how to set it with particles. with the animate list in node manager:
0074d0443f6b32f276c9826f586e2a54.png
a7850f2ce29075cca44fd6dfaccfab26.png

But i cant do that with the collision shape and attachments :/

i dont get what you said @The_Silent

Status
Not open for further replies.