• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Stop playing alternate stand animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
I've done what is written there:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f278/tower-turning-tutorial-33448/
to make my towers turn

(create a spellbook and insert a root ability with "turning enabeld: true" in it)

the problem:

one tower uses the diablo car model which won't stop playing it's alternate stand animation as long as the ability is added

I want the tower to play its attacking animation (unfortunately it is called "stand alternate" so it won't be played when attacking) -> solved by playing stand alternate animation everytime the tower tryes to attack and reset animation after some seconds

and I want the tower not to play its stand alternate animation
there might be a way to solve this without triggers so I'm asking here

Level 19
You could remove the animation if you need to.

no
towers without attack animations are pointless

the tower has:
stand animation (normal stand animation)
stand alternate animation (looks like attack animation)

and i want:
stand animation (normal stand animation)
attack animation (like the stand alternate animation)

but without a new model because my map is growing to big already is there a way to "switch" animations when played?

Level 19
Shouldnt be a model problem, just play with the values in the root ability a bit. I'm too lazy to look there myself.

Well then, I'm gently asking you if you might invest your worthy time into trying how to do that because I don't get it :cry:
the animation tag doesn't change anything and the rest doesn't look like it would do so either....

Attachments

• turn.w3x
    16 KB · Views: 78
Status
Not open for further replies.