• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Achron - finally an original game idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
This doesn't make any sense to me how the fuck is this going to work in multiplayer?

Like you get defeated and you just travel back in time where you were not defeated to bring a massive army into the future to prevent your defeat?

Heh?

Then I go back to the past and drop a nuke on your army.

Then you go back in time and set up a nuke-shield.

Then I counter it by placing a base there/doing a raid.

Then you bring a massive army.

Then I go back to the past and drop a nuke on your arm- Hey wait a sec..

Level 27
This works by using a second time dimension, real time, that the game time dimension is embedded in. I would assume future travel is not possible since the present is a static entity. I would assume this game-time present would be the factor in determining a loss. The logic being that if you are destroyed in the present, the present version of you that is somewhere else in time is immediately destroyed, removing the possibility that you can change your past.

Incidentally, I challenge any of you to a duel.

Level 21
Awesome game. Thumbs up for innovation :)
(It does give me a headache, thinking about it)

I don't know how multiplayer will work, but it might be something like this: Everything happens simultanously, and if a unit dies in 1 time-window, it dies in all future time-windows, but is still there in the past. Through some portal system units can travel back in time, effectively creating copies of the same unit. But this also makes the unit more vulnerable (twice as much chance that it dies). The victory conditions are probably something like losing your main base in any time.

Level 8
It has great potential....and could be an amazing RTS....but it will prob be overshadowed by simplistic RTS'es which has been proven to be a hit. People will rather play something familiar (like SC, WC, DAW etc) than something which is so unique that people won't know what they'll get from the game.

Level 2
Looks ridiculously hard but fun though. Imagine if there were tons of players killing other players in different time zones... that would be epic right there.

Level 30
-sir?
*yes?
-the enemy is building a time portal.
*shit.
-Make one too?
*WHAT CHOICE DO WE HAVE?
-IDK -_______________-
*nuke dem past now!
------------------------------
-It was a trick, While we were using all out units and suplies on building a portal, they took us by suprice.
*damn you, Steven.
-sorry, sir.

Like this?
epic shit.

Level 12
i would love to get this game if the graphics imprioved.
which im assuming it will, as it is alpha.

damn, seriously, so....
if i destroy his army in the past, but he destroys my army in the present, in the future, my past army and his present[now past] army will battle?

interesting...
sounds insanely complicated.
but fun.

Level 8
I agree with HappyTauren... And it actually looks a lot more complicated than it is....Its actually very simplistic.....There is nothing complex about the interface or the actualy gameplay....

Someone attack you...you go back in time and change something...The only difference is...instead of building stuff in the present your actually building stuff in the past....Your still reacting to their attacks like in warcraft. Instead of building stuff at your other base to make a last stand or attack the enemy you will now build stuff at the base that they will attack.

It won't get more complex with more players. You'll just have to keep your eye on the timeline more. If only they could give this game some better grafix I would buy it and be glad to play it online.

Status
Not open for further replies.