• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Achron - finally an original game idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
it would be complicated multiplayer, but not single player.

things would constantly be changing, like, all of a sudden on of your barracks could be destroyed, so you'd have to prevent it in the past, which makes it pretty confusing like.. "oh shit my army died out of nowhere" then when you're trying to prevent it, u see what happens first, then react to it, which in turn, the other player will also and eventually someone runs out of chrono energy and results in permanent destruction.

the graphics look like crap though.

Level 34
It's better to focus first on the gameplay and such, then on graphics. It's better noticing the errors at the start than somewhere halfway through (read: Lego castles).

Level 8
You've never even tried it. Hell, even wc3 would look complex until you try playing it.

Seriously, Wc3 doesn't look complex at all. The original gameplay is simple. I'm saying Achron is complicated because it gives every player the ability to go to the past to fix up their mistakes. I'd just be hell.

But you're right, I might change my mind once I've tried it.

Level 17
I think this would require a lot of memory... (More than the usual one)

Because if you think of it this way...

In DOTA, there's this hero that has an ability to go back in time allowing her to be 9 seconds away from her current position. She also gets her health back.

If you think about it... The only way that will happen is if a variable stores her health and position every second.

Meaning... This game will store a lot of data o_O

I think this would require a lot of memory... (More than the usual one)

Because if you think of it this way...

In DOTA, there's this hero that has an ability to go back in time allowing her to be 9 seconds away from her current position. She also gets her health back.

If you think about it... The only way that will happen is if a variable stores her health and position every second.

Meaning... This game will store a lot of data o_O

You don't have to store it every second. Only for the time wave thingies.

Level 13
But then, before the time wave brings the change, the player 1 can go even further back in time, destroy 3 before he creates the army and avoid the destruction of his base.
Then player 2 will divide by zero, and the game will end.

Level 27
It has great potential....and could be an amazing RTS....but it will prob be overshadowed by simplistic RTS'es which has been proven to be a hit.
I take that as a testament to the 1337 skills required to play it.
if i destroy his army in the past, but he destroys my army in the present, in the future, my past army and his present[now past] army will battle?
It depends on when these events happen in the secondary time dimension that coincides with real time.
I'm saying Achron is complicated because it gives every player the ability to go to the past to fix up their mistakes.
If you have enough chrono energy.
This game will store a lot of data o_O
You bet.
Graphics look quite bitchin' to me.
And not too distracting. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.