• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

About Map Size

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Hi, I once suggested that the map size be increased. You agreed, but I wanted to report some things that happened with WEU.

First, the editor constantly complaining, you couldn't edit Description or anything, it would constantly point to the map bounds and stuff.
Second, there was a bug with a blight outside the 256x256 from the map center. You couldn't summon buildings, even if the ground was blighted. If you did not understand what I just said, I can lend some screenshots.

MindWorX

Tool Moderator
Level 20
Sorry for the delayed answer... I think, the only way i can increase size, is like WEU does it, which makes blight not work correctly... I have a question tho, could you summon if the blight was created by a building created ingame? Because it might be a limit in the files that made it not work correctly.

Level 21
not that I know of... Though I think he means that big maps will only be used in non-melee maps... while IMO it'd be more logical to have a huge melee map featuring 30 players instead of an orpg on a huge map, as this project will allow you to play over multiple maps...

which leads me to the question: can you play multiple maps at the same time? or will every player be forced to be transfered to the next map?

Rui

Rui

Level 41
In maps like Azeroth Wars, Blight would definitely be needed, otherwise, Undead would be in disadvantage. I bet you're going to say "just make buildings summon without the need of blight" but that would be removing one of the unique things of the Undead race, or rather, of the entire game. Not to mention Undead are already imba enough.

can you play multiple maps at the same time? or will every player be forced to be transfered to the next map?
That's something I've been wondering too.

Level 7
In theory it would be possible to switch maps so it might happen at some point, but the current priority is just making a standard map with standard size "warsoced".
I still find no need for a map bigger than 256x256 BTW.

Anyway have you tried checking with a trigger if one of these bugger areas is blighted? If it works then you should have no trouble improvising the fact undead buildings must be built there.

Status
Not open for further replies.