• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Game Constant, Game Interface and Map Size

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
1. As far as I know, the only way to import/export is by using USMWE, however there are some other ways.

A. Open up Map A, then open up Map B. Click "Window" at the top of the screen, and switch back to the first map, this won't take as long as re-opening a map. Simply copy one item, then switch back to the second map and paste it. This takes a while

B. Open Map A, and copy everything down in it to a notepad or a Word doc. You can Shift + Click an item to get it as a string (For example, the values of attack types vs. armor will be a string that looks like 1.25,1.00,1.00,.50 etc). Then open Map B and paste them all in there.

C. I personally used Sandboxie to open 2 instances of world editor, so I could view two maps simultaneously. You CANNOT copy from one map to the other, but you can copy the strings by Shift + Clicking them, which works for most things.

2. Go to the top of the screen for the map you want to change, and click "Scenario", then select "Map Size and Camera Bounds". Find the check box where it says "Modify Map Bounds", and then click the arrows on the sides to expand your map in the desired direction.

Level 10
1. As far as I know, the only way to import/export is by using USMWE, however there are some other ways.
Ok, I will try USMWE (but i heard some people said USMWE is a not recommened program, is that tru ?)

2. Go to the top of the screen for the map you want to change, and click "Scenario", then select "Map Size and Camera Bounds". Find the check box where it says "Modify Map Bounds", and then click the arrows on the sides to expand your map in the desired direction.
I knew this one but this cannot extend the map to 256x256 T.T

Level 7
Ok, I will try USMWE (but i heard some people said USMWE is a not recommened program, is that tru ?)

I knew this one but this cannot extend the map to 256x256 T.T

USMWE can cause problems. I'm not exactly sure, but I believe it just caused an error in my last map. USMWE however CAN be used to increase map sizes to up to 480 x 480 I believe. You shoudl be able to make your map 256 x 256 in the standard W.E. however.

Level 28
1) Another option is to open the map that has the correct game constants/interface with an MPQ Editor and extract "war3mapMisc.txt" and "war3mapSkin.txt" from those files.
Then open the map you wish to copy it to (either in the regular world editor or in the MPQ editor) and import those files.
Do note that their paths must remain "war3mapMisc.txt" and "war3mapSkin.txt".

2) Scenario -> Map Size and Camera Bounds.
Check the box that says "Modify Map Bounds" and start extending the boundaries with those arrows (dimensions have to be a multiple of 32, so 256x256 is fine).

Edit: Do not use UMSWE.
JNGP is the standard mapping tool right now, it includes the good features of UMSWE and doesn't have the bad ones
(I used UMSWE in the past, it destroyed 2 of my maps).

Level 10
Problem Solved [Thread can close]

1) Another option is to open the map that has the correct game constants/interface with an MPQ Editor and extract "war3mapMisc.txt" and "war3mapSkin.txt" from those files.
Then open the map you wish to copy it to (either in the regular world editor or in the MPQ editor) and import those files.
MPQ Editor ? I think it same working with MPQ master :D
(I can extends the map size now so I don't need to export the data..., thanks for teaching me the way to export the data of Game Constant and Game Interface :ogre_hurrhurr:)
Check the box that says "Modify Map Bounds" and start extending the boundaries with those arrows (dimensions have to be a multiple of 32, so 256x256 is fine).
Oh... so yes, I need to check "Modify Map Bounds"....I'm too stupid ;d

JNGP is the standard mapping tool right now, it includes the good features of UMSWE and doesn't have the bad ones
Then you must be angry with the program...

:ogre_datass:Thanks guys !:ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 7

Ah yes I misspoke, I meant JNPG. I just thought of UMSWE because of the little tab thing at the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.