• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ability Brainstorm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I am once again looking for abilities to incorporate into Element Tower Defense. I encourage you to let your imagination run. The only restriction is that abilities need to have dealing damage as their underlying concept. By this I mean no slows, no armor reducers, no percentage based damage amplifiers, no stuns, and no positive buffs. Any and all ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Level 7
i played a few times this game, but i saw Reaper2008's comment so i guess that there are 5 elements? light, water, fire, earth, air right?

WATER
Creates a water wall, any any units who passes threw it will create a mirror image of himself (fighting of course for you), dealing X damage. The wall lasts X seconds.

EARTH
Makes a huge crater in the earth, dealing X damage per second to any unit who passes threw it. Lasts X seconds.

FIRE
A Firechasser starts running from X position to X position (this would be the summoning place of the creeps and the place where you loose lifes) leaving behind him a trace of fire dealing X direct damage and X damage over time. Lasts X seconds.

LIGHT
Calles down at X position waves of light burning each unit that gets hit by them for X direct damage and X damage over time.Lasts X seconds.

AIR
Summons a huge cyclon at X position. If the targeted units are in the "eye" of the cyclon they will recieve X direct damage, but if they are near of the cyclone they will recieve X direct damage, if they are far from the cyclon, they will recieve X direct damage. Lasts for X seconds. (the damage should be higher at the center of the cyclone (the eye), and it decreases if your near, and decreases even more if your far away from it.)

The "X" is for you to place the numbers. :p GL with your map, hopefully i helped.

Level 3
An hybrid, fire and water tower, will create a AoE fog, dense at center and light at the borders, any unit that passes will receive dps. more near of the center means more damage taken.

A light tower with HUGE range, i mean like a lighthouse, were any enemy in range of the light gets damaged.

A fire spire, that has a short-medium range flamethrower like attack, but that can be both at one fix direction, and fire only when enemies passes, or a spinning gust that never stops, ideal to that corners.

Level 14
How about a beam that targets a unit, dealing no damage. The beam builds up and when it is no longer targeting the unit (unit is out of range or dies) then the beam overloads, dealing aoe damage based on how long it was targeting the unit. The idea is just a sort of delayed damage effect.

Level 12
I think a few last resort things in the element summoning center would be usefull for some people. Sacrifice a piece of wood to kill all active enemey units in your area, would be a great help for new people who are still unsure how to play the game and make a small mistake that ends up costing them a large amount of life. It wouldn't have to be fancy, but effects never hurt :)

Level 12
Few skills:

-- Elementalus Ultimatus -- (sounds lame, eh?)
Type: passive.
Effect: There is a chance of casting one-hit-kill spell of 1 of the 6 elements.
Darkness: Simply pulls the enemy to the void.
Light: Smite, for the defilers of the land! (just something that looks like a smite ;) )
Earth: A boulder falls from the sky on a unit.
Nature: A unit turns to a treant, turning against the old ones.
Fire: a unit gets crushed by a fiery meteor (also leaves afterburn for awhile).
Water: OMG FLOOD! (a unit gets flushed away).

-- Elemental Masteries --
Type: Passive (again).
Effect: Same as before, but different effects.
Darkness: A unit dies instantly and turns to a skeleton, fighting for yer side.
Light: A unit sacrifices himself for god.
Earth: The earth devours the unit.
Nature: null (couldnt think of any).
Fire: A unit starts to burn, dealing alot of damage per second. After it dies, it leaves an afterburn.
Water: A unit gets sea sick and pukes, taking damage.

-- Armageddon --
Type: manual casting.
Effect: First, the units in the area (AoE) gets damaged by shadows for low dark damage, then after the shadows disapear, they get smited by light, losing average health based on light damage. After the smite, there comes an earthquake, damaging the units who goes through it with earth attack, then it turns to poisonous area, doing nature dmg over time, and after that there comes an meteorite, damaging everyone with huge fire damage. And finally, a huge tidal wave comes and does enormous water damage.

Level 7
never played this or any other TD, dont like these XD
so i dont know what has already been done

some ideas:
1) passive towers with auras.
2)a tower that slams flying creeps to the ground, dameging it and any ground creep beneath it.
3) a tower that plants bombs on creeps. making them explode some time later.
4) plauge tower that infects one creep, then the creep infects other creeps.
5)tower that makes creeps slower in its area (like a pool of water or sticky stuff around it)
6) tower that changes the creep's elemental senesivity (if there is something like it) to that of the opposite element.
7) tower that makes a creep bleed alot, slowing (or maybe have chance of triping) other creeps walking on it's blood (can be well combined with the infection tower).
8) tower that is used as a link, like in Red Alert where there are these electric towers that chnnel each other when placed together.

Level 6
Portal tower. needs 2 of these. if creeps passed into one portal they get teleported to the other portal. one portal is for entrance the other is for exit. you need to set it up by yourself. so first you only get a normal portal which has a entrance and exit skill icon. if you press entrace it turns into the entrace portal and vice versa.

only 1 entrance and exit can be made. creeps will get a 50 second buff that lets them only pass in the portals once.

Level 4
The tower sends a bolt of (fire/water/light/etc.) to a enemy target. When the bolt hits the target, it explodes, deals (Your Choice) damage to the enemy target. And the floor where the target got hitted, will start burning, and all enemies who crosses this area of floor. Will get hitted and there will be dealt damage to them equal to 40% of (Your Choice).

Status
Not open for further replies.