1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

A screenshot collection of my Project

Discussion in 'Terrain & Level Design' started by Jirinal, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Jirinal

Jirinal

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well i took this screen some weeks ago because i though hey that looks cool, then i put it into Photoshop to make a Wallpaper out of it. Then i though my old one is better. And now it begin to rot on my webspace... so i think showing it the public isnt a bad idea.
    If you guys wonder where is that from, well i tell you:
    Some months ago i started a barrens like Aos, but then the day came as the WEU destroyed it. I opened the Map and everything was gone, doodads and Units. Only the Terrain was still there.
    Ofcourse i tryed the other Version but the same things happend there also.
    I made a testmap and opened it, but still the same error.

Ofcourse i tryed to open it with the Normal Editor, but it was to late. All my Maps was broken due the WEU. All my work was gone... and so i started this map again. But this time i was sick of Barrens.

End~

Edit: Ok new pics are out, theyre all work in progress, also the bases will take a while~
    The overview is abit outdated but i think thats not a serious problem^^

Edit2: Ok new screens, this time Ingame Shots. Iam not good taking ingame screenshots but i think they still look decent.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 31, 2007
  2. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Looks very nice, good view you took the shot from and I like the way you can see that there is trees far away that gets lid up by the moon.

3. grille

grille

Resources:
    Resources:
    Dude I just <3 the moon light :thumbs_up: .... But i think there could be a little more bushes or flowers on the ground :wink: 4/5

4. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Very nice work! And suprisingly good tile variation and tree placement. Moonlight pwns too. Maybe some more shrubs though. :)
    +rep since it's your first work that I've seen and is good.

5. operator

operator

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Cool looking ;)

6. GunTotingFlea

GunTotingFlea

Resources:
    Resources:
    Just a Question from the New Guy

I've been wanting to add custom screenshots to my games, but haven't messed around with importing them.

I can't seem to get it right, what tool would i need to make and import my own pictures to my games?

Thank You,

GunTotingFlea

7. Jirinal

Jirinal

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks guys, but uh... that isnt moonlight :p

Thats the Sun and Rays made by the Sky. When you zoom around and get the right angle you get also this effect. So its nothing special, i was just lucky having it in this position^^

Also about more doodads, that is a playable map and before i spam the terrain with flowers (which i realy dont like) and shrubs i finish the other things.
    Then i will think about adding more shrubs or whatever :p
    Also it looks good ingame.

Edit: Ok just a moment iam adding new pics now! Dont run away!
    Edit2: Ok Pics are up have fun with them.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2007
  8. Pyritie

Pyritie

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Don't ask on someone else's thread.

9. SimonKurciski

SimonKurciski

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It looks cool............................can you tell us when your map is done? Are you going to submit it?

10. Jirinal

Jirinal

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well its in playable alpha state, terrain is almost done. Some heros are also finished. No items but some other systems.
    If i would work everyday some hours on it... hmm probably 1 week until its playable.
    But eh... i dont think i can do it.

I hope my Testmate comes soon back, caus i cant test without another aos freak like me. It make things so much easier^^

11. Dojo

Dojo

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Good Terraining but i dont like the second screen. Looks to unorganized and overloaded imo.

MfG... Your big fan Dojo! :cool:

12. Dojo

Dojo

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Huh? What are you talking about?

13. Wolverabid

Wolverabid

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Great start Jirinal. I really like the way the mine in the second picture merges into the hilltop. Could you show us some in-game screen shots as well?

14. Jirinal

Jirinal

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmm ingamescreens sure, i can make some.
    But dont question the hero names abilitys or icons and anything else related to it :p

Edit: Ok new screens are NOW aviable, the one with the tooltip, its not the description of this spell ;)
    Iam just lazy and do tooltips when i think the spell works fine and everything.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2007
  15. Chaos Overlord

Chaos Overlord

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey what models are you using for the walls? Like the walls in the second pic?

16. Jirinal

Jirinal

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, i got those from the wc3c download section, its the Wall Pack. I made them smaller and stacked them. Its relativ easy to do it. But theyre an pain in the ass after you placed them. Caus you almost cant select them.
    And the Orc Walls, dont know... i forgot it.
    I found them browsing trough different Model Sections, maybe it was also on thehive.

17. Jirinal

Jirinal

Resources:
    Resources:
    Bump...

No intrest in this anymore? No critique or comments? I would like to hear some more comments from you.

18. Pyritie

Pyritie

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    We've said all that can be said.

19. Jirinal

Jirinal

Resources:
    Resources:
    When the time comes i just use it as reference then when i show the playable version.

20. GunTotingFlea

GunTotingFlea

Resources:
    Resources:
    As we all know this string was about a pic someone made that could be added to a game, now if i am not wrong this is a perfect place for me to make an inquiry. So your opinion is noted, but the request for information on what programs i would need to make and import custom picks remains... if you don't have any information that would help than your comment falls mute. Have a wonderful day, ty GunTotingFlea@Yahoo.com