• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Terrain Screenshot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I was just fooling around with world editor on the map I'm working on (Which doesn't have a name yet, inconveniently) And I saw the sky on game view looked cool, then I put it on wide screen, and there you go, I got a pretty cool screenshot. :thumbs_up:

312e3pl.jpg

Tell me if you like it! :D

I'm thinking about using it for the loading screen :bored:

Level 19
It is very simple. If you want people to be entertained by a loading screen you should at least have the slightest clue of detail in it. For a non-terrainer just fooling around this is okay, but if you were seriously trying to make something good looking, you might want to read some terraining toturials and look at some other terrains to get some inspiration.

Level 4
It is very simple. If you want people to be entertained by a loading screen you should at least have the slightest clue of detail in it. For a non-terrainer just fooling around this is okay, but if you were seriously trying to make something good looking, you might want to read some terraining toturials and look at some other terrains to get some inspiration.

Yeah, I've never been awesome at terraining, triggers are more what I'm good at.

Level 4
Maybe you just haven't heard about terraining as art. I don't mean to be rude; the Outland sky is pretty as always, but this scene has an absolute minimum of creativity in it. I advise you to come again when you have been creative, and we can talk about terrain screenshots.

Its early game, and I was just messing around :sad:

Yeah, well, but we've all seen that outland sky before. If we were really dire to see it, we'd just open up the world editor ourselves and watch it.

Besides, you also managed to put some quite misplaced blizzard cliffs there. You should be careful with those, since they are not very popular in the terraining forum. Also, your tiles don't match that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.