• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help with posting terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Ok not sure how to post terrain on this board so i got a few questions if you don't mind!

1: Do I take a screenshot with prnt screen and if I do where does it save?

2: Should I take the picture in world edit or ingame? I prefer world edit because I can zoom out

3: How do I post them in here?

Thanks guys I really want to post these so I can get some feedback on my desert terrains!

Cheese :thumbs_up:

Level 7
1. Yes, take a screenshot with Print Screen button, the file should be saved in the folder in which you installed Warcraft, scroll down, and in the bottom of the window should be created a new folder (If it is your first screenshot) called "Screenshots", there you will find your picture.

2.You can take the picture the way you like, I usually take pictures in WE.

3.You can upload an image to Hive like this:
When posting, click "Go Advanced" button, it should open a new location, where more tools for editing your posts will appear. In the upper tool panel click "Attachments" button and the new, smaller window should open. You can then upload an image form URL or your Computer. If you are uploading from a Computer, click "Browse" and in new window (That will open after "Browse" is clicked) select the image you want to upload, after you are done with that, close the window (just make sure that format of your image is one of the listed in an "Attachment Key" list). Now click the arrow next to the "Attachments" button, it should open a falling list of all of your uploaded images, select the one you want and in your post should appear something like this: "" ("*"will probably be a random number), this text will transform into an image that you uploaded as soon as you post your request, reply...etc.

The other way you can upload an image is simply by selecting the "Insert Image" Button, but here you will be able to do it only trough URL...

There are also other ways you can post an image to THW, but I am too lazy to type abot everyone of them.... but I think the first one will do you fine....

I hope this helped... It's great that one more terrainer joined THW!!!:grin::grin::grin:

Level 34
NEVER USE THE Print Screen buttoN!
DOWNLOAD THE PROG. SCREENSHOT CREATOR HERE LINK:
RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

Go in setings...
there is a funktion to choose the area you want to print...thats much better...
and it makes screenies in JPEG or BMP!
Or instead of downloading something that could get you a virus, you could use MS paint.

Just hit Prt Scr and paste it into MS Paint right away. Crop all the ugly WE shit off, and save it as TGA. Then upload it to the site.

You should use WE instead of in game because you can move the camera angle all around. I'm guessing you don't know how. Just hold Ctrl and hold right click, and move the mouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.