• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Yea, well uuh my terrain ^^.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Well.. This would be my second terrain.. (the first one sucked, as this one does I think...) it is about trees terraforming the barrens I think the idea is cool, but the terrain isn't ^^, still got to learn it...

Attachments

• Barrend Terraforming..jpg
    Barrend Terraforming..jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 193
  • Barrens Terraforming.jpg
    Barrens Terraforming.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 158
  • I see icey.jpg
    I see icey.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
Level 25
A grassy area looks best if it looks realistic. Make it into a little oasis and make a small pond in the middle of the grassy area, it'll help make it look more real and realisitic terrain is the way to go!

[Handy Hint]:
Never make pointy hills, especially in forests, plains, and anywhere else! (Might look all right in an uncharted planet or underwater... haven't tried it yet.)
~Craka_J

Level 23
well, it wasn't meant as a natural oasis, it was meand as some kind of terraforming thingy, but then done by the night elf trees (see the moon wel in the middle?) and I'll try to make the hills less.. pointy ^^.

Edit:placed a new picture, this time it's better (I think ^^)

Last edited:
Level 3
I love the concept. You need more variation in the tiles you're using, it looks so plain. In the second picture, it looks like you made a crater! Just smoothly make an indent in the ground until you get really shallow water, then put the Moonwell in it, add some variation in the tile, maybe a bit more vegetation (shrubs, shrooms, flowers, etc.) and you'll be in good shape! As long as it looks natural, it'll be fine.

Level 23
Well.. first of all, if you place your new lawn, would it look like it was two inches long on one part and look like it's one inch on the other? I guess not, this is very recent creation and it's pretty much artificial, wich might give ther reason why it's crater formed (lol), for that same reason there is no water, the water is in the moon well.. and even more bushes and shrubs? ^^ yea.. well I guess on the hills...

Level 3
I didn't really get your whole two-inch-one-inch thing, but this is kind of what I was talking about: a more natural look, so it looks like the fertillity is spreading off of the Moonwell and absorbing the natural formations of the land.

Terraform1.JPG

Terraform2.JPG

Level 35
Hehe Nice ones Tawsix... agree with it.. it gets a more "felling" like that, only maybe soem custom trees that look more elfish.. and remove the seaweed or what ever it is called, course if the moonwell is spreading greenish the center of that spreeding would work as a river or sea. and maybe some more greensih looking water, if it is going to be water, maybe some nice looking doodad (no clue which) would make it look even better...

Darkknight also as Tawsix pictures the background is better made, so when posting pics make sure that all terrian you can see is worked on, so it fits in...

Level 23
.......... if you make a pond in the middle it more looks like it's a oasis, a natural one with a moonwell put inside it... and I had a tileset problem ^^ if I changed one for the grass terrain, pretty much would change... only one of the barrens tilesets I didn't use...

Edit: I uploaded a new picture, of a Spellbreaker stuck in ice ^^.

Last edited:
Level 6
Uhh these crystals floats in the air you should lower them. Also why you dont use SFX instead of those average crystal rocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.