• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] A quick way to copy Object Editor Data Fields/Change the base ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
Example Scenario:
I made a spell based on Channel and filled up the descriptions, hotkeys, manacost, cooldown, button positions, etc.
Now I want to make the spell instant without interrupting order so the solution is to base it on Berserk, but let's say that spell consists of 10 levels, do I have to manually copy each Object editor field from the Channel-based spell to the new Berserk-based spell or is there an easier workaround to this?

Level 11
Well there's the auto fill commands, but other than that, yeah, you have to copy manually.

There are a few script type systems to modify object data but that would be 50x more trouble to set up and figure out how to use than solving this particular problem manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.