• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A question about the armor and the parry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
OK
in war3 we know a lot of the different armor but it was not fit with this game
and i want to know
How does the armor count change the damage?
when the different armor face to the different attack types count change the damage?
How does armor change the injury?
and the parry true means ,it work In front the armor or before it

Level 2
thank you for your reply

when the different armor face to the different attack types count change the damage?
like the leather face to the different attack types
normal magic piercing. will the damage change?
and the mail ,cloth

if the monster's armor is a negative number or the armor penetration more than the monster have
can i cause damage that is higher than the attack point what i have

Level 9
thank you for your reply

like the leather face to the different attack types
normal magic piercing. will the damage change?
and the mail ,cloth

if the monster's armor is a negative number or the armor penetration more than the monster have
can i cause damage that is higher than the attack point what i have

All damage and armor types are treated as the same, i.e magic damage doesn't do bonus damage to mail armor types

Also if I remember correctly you cannot reduce a monster's armor below zero and armor penetration only allows you to ignore armor at a 1 to 1 ratio, so if you do 100 damage and have 50 Armor Penetration (arp), you do your full 100 damage against a monster with 50 Armor, but you would only do 80 damage against a monster with 70 armor, however you do not gain bonus damage from arp.

Level 2
All damage and armor types are treated as the same, i.e magic damage doesn't do bonus damage to mail armor types

Also if I remember correctly you cannot reduce a monster's armor below zero and armor penetration only allows you to ignore armor at a 1 to 1 ratio, so if you do 100 damage and have 50 Armor Penetration (arp), you do your full 100 damage against a monster with 50 Armor, but you would only do 80 damage against a monster with 70 armor, however you do not gain bonus damage from arp.
embrittling acid and the detonating bones it not hard to reduce a monster's armor below zero
and that i am full 100 damage against a monster with 50 Armor and have 60 arp
can i make the damage more than 50

Level 7
The damage formula is essentially Attack Power minus (Armor of target minus Armor Penetration).
If that number ends up being lower than your ArP, then you'll deal damage equal to your ArP instead.
Armor minus armor penetration cannot be a number lower than zero.

And truly, armor cannot go below zero. Go throw embrittling acid at a level 1 wolf. You won't reduce its armor past zero no matter how hard you try.

Level 2
I think i know that
and a little suggestion
we have the different armor types and the different attack types
why do not give different damage attenuation when when the different armor face to the different attack types
that's like a true game

Level 8
That's just your opinion of what a true game should be. Armor types have their place in pvp-focused army games and pokemon, I don't see how they can positively impact an rpg. Perhaps give some justification to your suggestion instead of just saying "why not". Why should some classes get shafted at a boss just because of their damage type? Preparation already removes a lot of the skill required for the boss fights, it would just be silly to have the possibility to double your party damage by simply switching to the appropriate dps type classes.

Level 2
my mean is just an ordinary attack
and only in my opinion
if this is too complicated when I don't say

Level 2
It is to be regretted that there are so many kinds of armor and attack ways, but there is no distinction.
only show in equipment type

Level 7
???

Theres Physical, Magic, Shadow, Water, Fire, Lightning, and Poison. How many more types of damage and defenses do you want?

Level 2
that is skill We can still use resistance to reduce damage
and change the effect of an ordinary attack to make a distinction
that only my opinion
whether or not to do it or not to do it depends on the author

Status
Not open for further replies.