• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Regarding armor penetration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Thief character has got a skill embritting acid, that reduces armor by a one third of caster hero level and that skill does NOT reduce armor below zero. Ok, I got it, but what about armor penetration?

I mean, for instance, i've got a 30 level Thief hero with a 7 armor penetration and, say... 20 average damage. I cast embritting acid on an enemy with 15 armor. Its armor will be reduced by 10, right? Alright, now he is left with 5 armor, but I have 7 armor penetration. Does that mean, that I will deal additional damage? And how does that armor penetration exactly work? Does it reduce target enemy's armor directly?

Thank you guys in advance

Level 10
I want to say the way it works is like this:

Lets say you do an average of 20 damage or so and a target has 10 armor. You'll do 10 damage to that enemy. Now if you have armor penetration of like 7 you ignore 7 of his 10 armor so you 'by-pass' that armor and you would hit for 17. It won't give you extra damage if it is over the targets armor level, but his armor wont do shit and you'll do full damage every hit.

EDIT: Also some members of the community are starting to make a wiki for Gaias. It's very incomplete, but you might be able to scavenge for some answers you're looking for on that. It has some formulas on how certain spells work, a lot of game mechanics and stuff. You can find it here http://gaias-retaliation-orpg.wikia.com/wiki/Gaias_Retaliation_ORPG_Wiki

Level 2
I want to say the way it works is like this:

Lets say you do an average of 20 damage or so and a target has 10 armor. You'll do 10 damage to that enemy. Now if you have armor penetration of like 7 you ignore 7 of his 10 armor so you 'by-pass' that armor and you would hit for 17. It won't give you extra damage if it is over the targets armor level, but his armor wont do shit and you'll do full damage every hit.

EDIT: Also some members of the community are starting to make a wiki for Gaias. It's very incomplete, but you might be able to scavenge for some answers you're looking for on that. It has some formulas on how certain spells work, a lot of game mechanics and stuff. You can find it here http://gaias-retaliation-orpg.wikia.com/wiki/Gaias_Retaliation_ORPG_Wiki

well then, thanx for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.