1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

A question about the armor and the parry

Discussion in 'Gaias Retaliation ORPG' started by yanxin, Nov 27, 2017.

1. yanxin

yanxin

Resources:
    Resources:
    OK
    in war3 we know a lot of the different armor but it was not fit with this game
    and i want to know
    How does the armor count change the damage?
    when the different armor face to the different attack types count change the damage?
    How does armor change the injury?
    and the parry true means ,it work In front the armor or before it

2. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Armor does what it says in the tooltip: it reduces the amount of damage by exactly the number of armor points you have.
    Parry works before armor rules are applied. So damage gets reduced by parry and the remaining damage gets further reduced by armor.

3. yanxin

yanxin

Resources:
    Resources:
    thank you for your reply

when the different armor face to the different attack types count change the damage?
    like the leather face to the different attack types
    normal magic piercing. will the damage change?
    and the mail ,cloth

if the monster's armor is a negative number or the armor penetration more than the monster have
    can i cause damage that is higher than the attack point what i have

4. Ihazdialup

Ihazdialup

Resources:
    Resources:
    All damage and armor types are treated as the same, i.e magic damage doesn't do bonus damage to mail armor types

Also if I remember correctly you cannot reduce a monster's armor below zero and armor penetration only allows you to ignore armor at a 1 to 1 ratio, so if you do 100 damage and have 50 Armor Penetration (arp), you do your full 100 damage against a monster with 50 Armor, but you would only do 80 damage against a monster with 70 armor, however you do not gain bonus damage from arp.

5. yanxin

yanxin

Resources:
    Resources:
    embrittling acid and the detonating bones it not hard to reduce a monster's armor below zero
    and that i am full 100 damage against a monster with 50 Armor and have 60 arp
    can i make the damage more than 50

6. SaikoDeMoN

SaikoDeMoN

Resources:
    Resources:
  7. BoxOfFaith

BoxOfFaith

Resources:
    Resources:
    The damage formula is essentially Attack Power minus (Armor of target minus Armor Penetration).
    If that number ends up being lower than your ArP, then you'll deal damage equal to your ArP instead.
    Armor minus armor penetration cannot be a number lower than zero.

And truly, armor cannot go below zero. Go throw embrittling acid at a level 1 wolf. You won't reduce its armor past zero no matter how hard you try.

8. yanxin

yanxin

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think i know that
    and a little suggestion
    we have the different armor types and the different attack types
    why do not give different damage attenuation when when the different armor face to the different attack types
    that's like a true game

9. SaikoDeMoN

SaikoDeMoN

Resources:
    Resources:
    That's just your opinion of what a true game should be. Armor types have their place in pvp-focused army games and pokemon, I don't see how they can positively impact an rpg. Perhaps give some justification to your suggestion instead of just saying "why not". Why should some classes get shafted at a boss just because of their damage type? Preparation already removes a lot of the skill required for the boss fights, it would just be silly to have the possibility to double your party damage by simply switching to the appropriate dps type classes.

10. yanxin

yanxin

Resources:
    Resources:
    my mean is just an ordinary attack
    and only in my opinion
    if this is too complicated when I don't say

11. Jumbo

Jumbo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah. This wouldn't be a good change at all.

12. yanxin

yanxin

Resources:
    Resources:
    It is to be regretted that there are so many kinds of armor and attack ways, but there is no distinction.
    only show in equipment type

13. BoxOfFaith

BoxOfFaith

Resources:
    Resources:
    ???

Theres Physical, Magic, Shadow, Water, Fire, Lightning, and Poison. How many more types of damage and defenses do you want?

14. yanxin

yanxin

Resources:
    Resources:
    that is skill We can still use resistance to reduce damage
    and change the effect of an ordinary attack to make a distinction
    that only my opinion
    whether or not to do it or not to do it depends on the author