• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Suggestion] Path of the Duelist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
As I see, this talent path is currently just a huge crit boost source, and OP by lv 3 compare to other talent path. So I suggest that this path to be remake to be more "duelist-like". Like getting crit chance/crit damage/power when using a sword, not a dagger for main hand. And evasion bonus when wielding dagger off-hand (as duelist has been known for using their off-hand dagger to parry attack). May be make them some kind of damage reflection tank, an attack parried (evaded) will let the duelist punish the attacker with a riposte. Or outright copy Fiora the Grand Duelist in League of Legend, under certain condition (getting andrenaline rush by crit/parry too much for example), they perform Blade Waltz (Yurnero's omnislash) (LoL, just kidding) =))
In a nutshell...how about make Assassin become a evasive and counter attack tank?

Level 9
great idea and all, but in my opinon, making an assassin a tank, just does not fit, as we already have monk as an evasion tank, with much superior armor to assassin, I think the duelist line is fine, the higher your dps, more likely to get aggro, and I dont foresee a assassin lasting very long, with aggro, in D4.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
We still lack data on how the different builds will actually play out on the long run, especially on level 50, so I don't think it's a good idea to do a premature estimate on the build's balance.
I tried my best to make all builds for all classes viable and attach a different flavour to all of them.

About your suggestion, I don't feel like there should be another tank class available. I already added a tank tree to berserkers just to increase the options of tanks available from 2 to 3.
If anything, I should add another healing class possibility, but that would also depend on some new abilities for some class.

About the League of Legends stuff: I never played that game, so I can not really tell.

Level 3
Ok, forget about the tank and parry part then. How about the two other idea?
1. 10% CrC, 50% CrD is rather OP compare to other talent. My Assassin has 41% CrC at the moment, 50% CrD will means 20% more dps.
2. Since it's so concentrate in crit, most likely Assassin will use Fury, the dagger give crit chance, and let other roll Duelist's Rapier for $. So I suggest the path give player bonus when wielding sword, discourage people from building twin dagger duelist.
P/s: The League of Legend part is a joke, please don't mind.

Level 13
Use swiftness for 43%, unneeded but awesome.

A path making use of swords in future for parrying actually does sound fairly good. Maybe they can be a counter hero of some kind but I get what you mean when you don't need more tanks Zwieb, however, another option like that would be neat, not based off evasion or armor so much as counter attacking. Could be fancy.

I'm all for sins using swords more often though, could make some neat weapons with that, but yeah, level 50 lets go.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Ok, forget about the tank and parry part then. How about the two other idea?
1. 10% CrC, 50% CrD is rather OP compare to other talent. My Assassin has 41% CrC at the moment, 50% CrD will means 20% more dps.
2. Since it's so concentrate in crit, most likely Assassin will use Fury, the dagger give crit chance, and let other roll Duelist's Rapier for $. So I suggest the path give player bonus when wielding sword, discourage people from building twin dagger duelist.
P/s: The League of Legend part is a joke, please don't mind.
So you really want to balance talents which only matter in the endgame based on some mid-level weapons?
Errrm, in that case, enjoy your level 30 weapons while all others got the level 50 stuff. ;)

No seriously, remember there's changes to crit and crit-damage formulaes in 1.1n.

Status
Not open for further replies.