• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

A New Dawn [Illidan's Adventures before he gets back to Outland]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
A New Dawn

The story of Illidan's adventures before he gets back to Outland
Chapter 1:
The Travel of the disobeying

As the sun was setting down over Quel'Thalas Isle, the young blood mage Ivler Wisecaster and his most trusted soldiers were preparing secretly to leave the isle. It has been months since their beloved commander, Kael, left this tainted land. Their thirst for magic was increasing while no news were comming from the missing prince.

- Captain, are all the tents ready?
- Yes, milord.
- Good. We shall carry only the most urgent things. Food and water, since we don't want to get infected in those plagued lands. No horses, nor hawkstridders - they surely won't survive there. We'll set off as the moon begins to enter its third position...

Ivler stared at the young stars. The captain looked for a while at him, then set off to prepare for the leaving. No one knew what were the purposes of that mission, but all the troopers were ready to serve the young blood mage.

Despite being young, Wisecaster had already proven his name with wise actions and orders during the war against the undead. However, many elves showed no respect to him due he was never trully loyal to their beloved prince Kael. He was even put in jail for not obeing his orders.

Now he did not obeyed the city council's order - no one shall leave the elven lands without their permission.

As the moon started to come back to Earth, the small group was already leaving the spooky Ghostlands. Except some mindless ghouls, they hadn't experienced any offensive acts. That was about to change. As the group began to enter the mountains south of the Ghostlands, a pack of forest trolls attacked them. The attack ended quickly and soon their bodies were burning in the flames, casted by Ivler. This happened again, and again, until with the crossing of a small river the group founded a place to rest. As the campfire began to burn, a small dinner was prepared by one of the soldiers.

- It's not alright... it's not alright...

The whispers of the blood mage starled the footman, standing near him.

- Sir, are you alright?
- Ofcourse I am! But the nature isn't. I mean it is, but these regions were highly infected by the plague. THAT is what not alright.

As the sun was raising Ivler's troopers were ready to leave their camp. As they were crossing the river, one of the soldiers noticed shadows in the nearby rocks. A moment later the bunch of trolls fled into the hills.

- That were just spies... get ready for battle, troopers. - mage's voice was serious to his bones.

On every corner there was a trap. A bunch of trolls jumped from a cropland, another suprised them from behind.

- I don't like it... even the trolls inhabit these lands. What happened to them? They did not heal by themselves...
- Sir, look! A orc battle chest!
- A White wolf... the Frostwolf clan, I think. So it is true? I have heard stories about the human fighting side to side with the orcs. The orcs are free now... that's what the humans had become, nothing more that brutal barbarians. And despite the stories for a new, civilized horde... our orcish friends seem to be once again united with the vast forest trolls.

An attacking troll interrupted the speech of the blood mage. The trolls continued to defend their teritory as the elves were getting deeper and deeper into the mountain. Until they entered a small canyon.

- Sir, I have a strange feeling... I... feel... good? Fresh.
- Me too, sir.
- Shut up, soldiers. I... feel it too. But we still don't know who causes this.
- Holy Sun, sir, a horde base!

Wisecaster was suprised. Not by the horde base itself, but because the lack of any military buildings, except some kind of a primitive smith.

- But... what is this? Who made it?
- WE made it.

Second later the elves were bounded to the ground with giant roots.

- Who are you, creature?

Before them standed a tall, demon-like monster. However, its clothes seemed to be made of living nature, like leaves and thorns. That COULDN'T be a demon.

-Aah, sorry, friend, I made this to ensure my safety. I am Thork Lifebringer, a plagueshifter, and from the name of the whole tauren sociaty I welcome you in the lands of the New Horde! Please, follow me!

Status
Not open for further replies.