• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Adventure in Northrend: Blood in Mulgore (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
The young Bluffwatcher was found dead by a hunter seeking wild animals in Red Cloud Mesa. His body was somehow twisted and his head was smashed.
-Mother Earth, what happened to this boy? - said one of the older hunters that soon arrived.
-It seems that he was killed by a massive ogre. However, he was skilled enough to defend himself - answered Turf Bloodhoof, the old-time friend of Baine Bloodhoof. -I think that we must power the zone with more Bluffwatchers for the night.

The night was very long for the proud Taurens, living in Mulgore. And in the morning another 2 Bluffwatchers were found dead.
-No doubt, there's something powerful enought to kill every Tauren in Mulgore. - said Turf when he saw one of the victims. -The best thing to do is move everybody to Thunderbluff.

All the Taurens from Mulgore were moved to their capital. The great city was accesable only by air. And still, again there were victims. While going to Thunderbluff Turf found a dead orc warrior. Soon all the clans were in panic. Nobody knew who will be the next victim.

It was the third day after the evacuation when the young tauren grunt Murzos Stonebull saw something.
-Chieftain, there's aa enourmously big centaur roaming the plains around our city - he said to the proud leader Cairne Bloodhoof.
-Yes, young grunt, some centaurs are bigger. However, there's nothing unusual. These vile creatures wander in this beautiful plains for centuries.
-But, High-chieftain, he has tusks!

Soon it was known that this centaur was actually a magnataur. But some questions remained: why the magnataur killed the innocent taurens, and what in the name of Draenor he was doing in Mulgore. Soon a group of warriors and hunters, led by Turf Bloodhoof, entered once again the beautiful golden plains to hunt down this alien.
-Stay close to each other, warriors, give your best. The Magnataur can sense the trap we got for him, so be careful. I want to catch him alive. Understand? Then go now! In the name of Mother Earth, go!

Three hours later, the magnataur was in the strongest cage the taurens could find. His roars could be heard in the other end of Mulgore.
-Well done, Turf!
-Thank you, High-Chieftain! - responded the leader of the expedition to Cairne.
-Well, it seems that it's over now!
-No, High-Chieeftain. -smiled Turf - It just beggins. Now we must find what this destructive mindless brute was doing in our sacred lands. Some say that the Venture Co. is who brought him here, but personaly, I don't believe. It seems that there are some killed Venture Co. laborers as well. I think that it's a job of the centaurs. Nevermind, my thought is that we must organize an expedition to Northrend and find the origins of the magnataur race. Only this way we will find who's the one that brought this here.

Attention! This is not the end of the story, so don't say it's "unfinished". Will be continue. Post comments and ctitiques. Don't flame or troll please! Give rep if you like it!:grin:

Level 8
A few spelling/grammatical errors. Moves too quickly. It goes from A -> C bypassing B completely. How do the Tauren know it is a Magnataur and not a mutated Centaur? How do they know where to go? I would have thought Tauren too slow to encircle a Magnataur.

Overall, it is well written and is inline with the style of WarCraft 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.