• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

A new chapter disscussion and characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
He might be able to save a small portion from being completely destroyed, and a third of the city will remain untouched by the time the flames die. :/ That way, they get to see the hell wrought upon them, and suffer from a very ugly view of 3/4 the city being charred. :p

Level 10
Do you mean from dimension to dimension? We kindof set a limit on it, and you can't just do it whenever you want.

Now, var and I, when we were playing opur Void Lords, would do that to go back and forth between our territories in the Void, and this planet. I'd say that anything that isn't plot important, and doesn't require you going for a specific item, should stay on the planet. Maybe find a way for something to come into enemy hands or in the market in some form or another. But that's just me.

Level 12
I don't mind so long as its limited. Time/space magic should be extremely limited in my opinion, because they're easily powerful.

Also note, two more characters of mine will be later introduced, perhaps during the Rhiannon arc but they won't do anything significant.

Level 3
I meant like planar shifting to one of the elemental planes, not a whole other dimension. The only "other dimension" I'm interested in is my little extra-dimensional spaces. Like my building. (I played D&D a lot so I tend to think in D&D standards.)

Level 12
I don't have a problem with that, but be careful around elemental planes. Hellion can manipulate elements and I'm sure the Void Lords can travel around as much as you lol.

Level 23
For the Void Lords, we traveled to our primary world in the void (respectively, having different empires) for a safe haven to recuperate, and also had battles with other players in mine. My void was part of my 400 page forming of the Elemental Crystals that now adorn Hellion's neck in a protective casing. (The Mantle of the Elements)

Hellion and Devilak used their respective voids to bring forth their armies to help reclaim their empire (those that were loyal had shrunk in numbers, and much of the armies had been decimated after they were sealed away)

However, one can't just pop in, and pop out with an army or any invading force. No one can just become a Void Lord over night, So, I think that you might manage to travel about, but it can't result in such massive changes like having an army or incredible power boosts.

Level 23
(Continued)

As for the elemental planes... I agree, in the fact that Hellion would likely feel something were amiss. He wouldn't know what it was, but would feel a mysterious mass in the earth, or the sky, whichever you were on. A heavy flame, or thick water, whatever it would be, he would know that the specific elemental plane has an unwanted mass, but likely would have no means of removing it, much less knowing what it was.

Level 3
More then just elementals inhabit an elemental plane you know. There are whole cities in some places, inhabited mostly by creatures that have an affinity for that element mind you, but still.

Level 23
er... the Elemental plane where the elementals come from? I doubt that there are birds and groundhogs, etc. The elementals hostile to their respective elements (like a fire elemental) would burn the birds, and the water elementals would drown the groundhogs. The elemental plane I invision is closer to what Warcraft has, where it is inhabited solely by the elementals. The creatures tied to the elements inhabit the normal world(s), instead of the realm where nature does not exist, and the elements rule unchallenged (except for eachother)

Level 3
Again I'm thinking more D&D than that. Not just elementals and a lot of that element but like fire dwarves or something in the plane of fire. When I think elemental planes I think of more than just one big mess of a single thing. I think more of like lakes of lava instead of water, volcanoes, rocks, etc. and inhabited by all manner of creatures such as salamanders, the ones that are large and have humanoid torsos and wield spears, and any number of other fire critters. (Using plane of fire as example)

Level 10
That's a bit too much D&D. But I understand your reasoning. If each elemental plane were a world, it would make sense that there would be more than just elementals. However, the question then is, how did creatures here get to there? It's not like someone opened a portal and they just marched through. lol

Level 23
Well, what does everyone else think? Should the Elemental Plane be their own physical worlds that space ships would be able to reach, or own dimensional planes, where only the elements rule? If the elements are fighting eachother, then they would obliterate any and every minion of another element. And who's to say that they made cities within the plane? I dunno, but I think that those cities would be burned, churned, flooded, or blown down all over the place. Hellion may not be sure what exactly goes on there, but I'm pretty sure what element-attuned races there are, exist in the same world (or others) and not the plane itself. :/

Level 10
the thing about elemental planes is that the creatures that inhabit them ARE the elements. element-attuned races would just know how to use them to their advantage. And if there are worlds for the elements, do you think anything would be able to live on them? I know they wouldn't share with eachother, so it'd have to be dimensional planes, which would be near the center of the spider web, which means that all other worlds are connected to them. Then, obviously, something connects them to each other too.

Level 3
I think you're misunderstanding the concept I'm trying to portray. I see them as their own planes. Not dependent on another and not directly connected. And I don't mean as a "World where you can get to by spaceship". Also, I don't see why elementals have to be angry/aggressive, "I want to kill anything that's not my element", creatures. The ones that people summon are aggressive because their summoners want them to attack. Very few elementals with sentience that I've ever heard of or read about were naturally aggressive and destructive.

Level 10
Ragnorok, the Fire Lord in World of Warcraft. Each element has one. lol

The reason the elements want to destroy eachother is because each naturally encroaches upon the others. Water and wind wears away rock. Fire boils water, water extinguishes fire, and air is just kind of... out there. Each plane is independant, yet connected in a way that they don't interact on an individual basis.

Level 3
But why would they want to kill each other when without 1 the ENTIRE balance is destroyed and they ultimately destroy themselves. I can kinda see things like fire and water not particularly liking each other but outright war? No.

Level 3
no one said there couldnt be miniscule amounts of another element in one of the planes. Hell magma is made of rock just melted.

Level 3
. . . You've.... Never heard of adaptation? "Normal life" means nothing to me. It can easily have as much or more life and probably nearly as many diverse species as our world. Much the same way that penguins can stay nice and warm in the arctic but humans freeze.

Level 23
In Warcraft, they ruled Azeroth. Then, a new Pantheon cof Gods cut in, and banned them from the world, sealing them in a plane of their own. It was their prison, and they yearned to escape. Now, every time they are summoned, they yearn to return "home" to the elemental plane.

The Elemental Plane is basically the elemental foundation of the plane we play on. Each plane is a layer of the universe, and are stacked. The elemental plane doesn't nessessarily form like our universe as we see it, but is unknown, as no one has been there before. However, it most definitly supports the elemental bases of the world. If something goes horribl wrong in their plane, it goes cataclysmic in the plane we occupy, and vice versa, if things are knocked out of balance. (such as one element taking over, and becoming dominant to all others)

-----
Penguins aren't elementals...

Level 10
I don't think you understand, Mike. The elemental planes are not actually planets. They're dimensions used as support pillars for the rest of the universe. They the foundations for the universe to work properly.

And... penguins? Seriously? Of all the irrelevant examples you could find, peguins? And just so you know, penguins can and will freeze. They have blubber, we do not. In blizzards, they only stay warm by huddling together.

You referenced the D&D elemental planes, and from what I remember, they said nothing about animal life. It was all about what the elemental planes would look like. The air and water elemental planes wouldn't have ground, and the ground elemental planes wouldn't have water or fire.

Level 23
Sacrid is right. The article mentioned nothing about animal life. Trees managed to appear as a basis of earth, and thus provide "wood elementals" which I don't think we have in the RP's world. The fire elementals would have turned them to match sticks. So the elemental plant is composed of the four base elements, fire, water, eart, and air, and then their subtypes and mixtures. Yet the elemental plain, being formed differently from the plane we inhabit, might not be capable of sustaining life.

Instead of just three people debating, I'd like to hear the ideas of others on how they envision the elemental plane/dimension

Level 3
the article was a contribution to the forge as an alternate, and in some ways more believable, form of the elemental planes in D&D. It in no way was an actual description of the plane as a whole or anything on it. Hell it didn't even mention the natural elementals if you look close enough. That was just an article to show how I think they look in appearance only. Also.... When did I say a penguin was an elemental? Stop putting words in my mouth.

Level 4
Name: Nalced
Race: It gets confusing
Third Elf (Sea/Tide(if you have theese subraces)
Third Dragon (Golden)
Third Human

Hair:Golden
Skin:As yellow as can be(looks slightly scaled)

Appearance:looks like Legolas but with glorifendels hair

Goal:For the Destruction of Hellion and all his evil minions

Class:Lightsworn IMMOLATION,Flamestrike,Holy Light, Starfall

Level 10
Okay, guys, you need to create actual character sheets. I know we have one somewhere. You can fill it out and post it in as many posts as needed (the fewer, the better).
@Sky Green: You need to post more than a picture. I've got no clue what he is, other than maybe a demon with a hood and cape.

@Sunshine: So he's a Lego figure, Right? (all yellow and what not.) lol And as for his race; human, sea elf, AND dragon? How did you decide that? You don't need a character with many parts ofrom other species to make him unique. Varsaigen, Misha, and I all created purebreds, and focused on character development and plot. We three became the most powerful in the entire RP. If you want, we can help you create a very nice character.

Status
Not open for further replies.