• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Discuss Super Smash Bros. Brawl here (updated 5/17/06)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Characters section updated, new character added

Here you can tell who you think will be in the game

talk about your opinion in this (heavy critisism allowed)

"Super Smash bros. is over-rated" and stuff like that is allowed as long as you give a reason

Not allowed

"L4wl L4wl Sup0r Sm4sh Br0s. is t3h sux0rz l4wl l4wl" is not allowed, it just shows your stupidity, because you didn't give a reason

------------

On a side note

The opening theme was made by Nobuo Uematsu (The guy who made "One-Winged Angel")

additionally you can download the song here

http://www.smashbros.com/en/music/index.html

the file size is 2 MB so you should be able to use it in a multi map

---------

The charactes section is reserved for people who have been confirmed in the next Smash Bros.

We also have a guest character hailing from the Metal Gear Solid series, Solid Snake!

Other characters have made it in as well

Wario (Super Mario Bros.)
Zero-suit Samus (Samus without her armor) (Metroid)
Pit (Kid Icaurus [sp?])
MetaKnight (Kirby)
Solid Snake (Metal Gear Solid)
Fierce Deity Link (Legend of Zelda

Because Wario is in it you can probably expect Waluigi too.

You can probably expect DeDeDe too.

feel free to put any new info about The new SSB and I'll put it up with your name

Yes I know I'm going overboard but damnit I've waited 5 years for this game!

Ki

Ki

Level 7
I think the Wii will be so much better if it has console linking abilities like Xbox with system link. It will really put this game over the top. A 4v4 battle on two different screens playing super smash? That really would unleash a lot of potential. Although, it can't be expected as Wii is supose to have lower prices than Xbox 360 and PS3.

Did they release any info on how the game will be played (in reference to the new controller)?

Level 7
Gauntlet2021 said:
i can only hope that somehow sephiroth makes it to SSB at some point. 8) Best boss character eva.

Don't get your hopes up

Snake only made it because Metal Gear originally was on the NES

then the Twin Snakes was on Gamecube

If Sephiroth was on a nintendo system, I could guarentee his appearance on Super Smash Bros. If they could put him on they would waste no time doing that

If Sephiroth was on a nintendo system, I could guarentee his appearance on Super Smash Bros. If they could put him on they would waste no time doing that

Actually, FF7 was supposed to be on the n64, but moved to the ps for the fact that It could fit on a 4 disk game. On the N64, my bro makes jokes saying FF7 would be a 37 cartridge game!

However, earlier FF games, like my personal favorite, FF6 (The american final fantasy III) were on the NES and SNES.

Pit (Kid Icaurus [sp?])

Kid Icarus if im correct.

Anyway, I went to the wikipedia entree of it at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Smash_Bros._Brawl and saw link, mario, kirby, and pikachu (obviously) have already been announced as well. Im hoping however, that more of the FE people...like Ayra from FE4, can be put into the game like gaming forums ive seen said. She owned in that game, and has quite a few moves in FE4 that could help he slice anyone in that game in 6 pieces (especially that meteor sword ability...)

Level 7
Matt540 said:

Actually, FF7 was supposed to be on the n64, but moved to the ps for the fact that It could fit on a 4 disk game. On the N64, my bro makes jokes saying FF7 would be a 37 cartridge game!

However, earlier FF games, like my personal favorite, FF6 (The american final fantasy III) were on the NES and SNES.

Pit (Kid Icaurus [sp?])

Kid Icarus if im correct.

Anyway, I went to the wikipedia entree of it at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Smash_Bros._Brawl and saw link, mario, kirby, and pikachu (obviously) have already been announced as well. Im hoping however, that more of the FE people...like Ayra from FE4, can be put into the game like gaming forums ive seen said. She owned in that game, and has quite a few moves in FE4 that could help he slice anyone in that game in 6 pieces (especially that meteor sword ability...)

True true, I'm hoping Oni Link gets in too

It seems they'll have ultimate attacks in there as well

however in the trailer I noticed Link's ultimate is supsiciously like Omnislash

Level 25
Gauntlet2021 said:
i can only hope that somehow sephiroth makes it to SSB at some point. 8) Best boss character eva.

Pffff. Sephiroth isn't the best boss character ever

He barely did anything evil. Hell, Arthas is better than him. Arthas killed his father, took over his entire former nation and then merged and became the most powerful being in existance

What did Sephiroth do? Crap all

Level 7
Mecheon said:
Gauntlet2021 said:

Pffff. Sephiroth isn't the best boss character ever

He barely did anything evil. Hell, Arthas is better than him. Arthas killed his father, took over his entire former nation and then merged and became the most powerful being in existance

What did Sephiroth do? Crap all

However Sephiroth has one thing Arthas doesn't have

The most badass theme ever (One-Winged Angel)

Level 4
SOnic

Sonic shuold be in, sega characters are more related to nintendo these days than to sega lol and besides they already have a game boy game that was kindda smash bros, wich was Sonic Battle, if they could just get mixed somehow, it would kick mayor butts, cuz mario ZUXX sonic RULES!Still I admit Link is cool...But not as much as Sonic :wink:

Level 25
Just cause Wario is in it doesn't mean Waluigi will be in as well. Same with Dedede

Also, where's this apparant prove of Fierce Deity Link? I've seen none so far

Also, allegations suggest that the maker of it is considering, among others, Megaman, Geno and DeDeDe

I want Geno in it dammit. Geno for the fugging win

Level 8
I wrote:
i can only hope that somehow sephiroth makes it to SSB at some point. Best boss character eva.

Nightmare wrote:
Don't get your hopes up

I know he wouldnt be in it, just saying it would be pretty cool to play as him.
And just to be clear for every1 who quoted me (I feel special) I actually havent played ff7, so i dont know much about Seph. Ive seen the movie, seen a bunch of forums, and ive played kingdom hearts. Thats pretty much all i have to base my knowledge off.

Level 5
If there will only be 4 more third party characters, (plus one for a non-playable boss character) here's who I'm hoping gets in the game.
1. Sonic. Since the trailer confirms the presence of super moves, the obvious choice for the move would be his super form.
2. Mega Man.
3. Either Alucard, one of the Belmonts, or Pac Man
4. Cloud or Siegfried. (I mentioned Siegfried because I thought it would be cool if a Soul Calibur character appeared in SSBB like Link appeared in SC2.)
5. Sephiroth. I would rather have Sephiroth be a non-playable boss character that used his moveset from Kingdom Hearts 2. Of course you would have to have One Winged Angel playing during the fight for maximum coolness, BTW, I just beat him yesterday, and I didn't even have second chance when I fought him.
-I mentioned these characters because they are iconic video game characters, therefore they would be the most likely 3rd party characters to make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.