• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

~ A More Real Life Style In Hive Workshop ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
These are just requests, you guys may say no to them . . .

1. I was wondering if we could add a more realistic way of modding in Hive Workshop... Just like our qualifications in real life, how about we put a tab on each player to tell everyone if they're experienced in the different tasks (such as modeling, terraining, and etc.) to make it easier for people to volunteer in helping to make maps, and to make it easier in other events too. Maybe if we can't really tell whether who is good or not, we could make up just a little task for everyone to do, if they pass, they'll get certain qualifications. Sorry if I asked a little of the impossible...

2. We could make a tab for active users in Hive, and state how active they are so that we can easily identify people who use Hive often, it should be good for participation purposes...

3. This is something like the one I mentioned in 1., the contest-participation tab isn't bad though, but we could add that qualification tab too for easy identification, and at least you'll be recognized as a [Whatever The Qualification Is]. Maybe to test us, we could hold some sort of an examination every once in a while, either in a Difficult Un-Cheatable Multiple Choice style or a Task To Do An Example Of [What You're Being Tested For] kind of way, that way, we could easily qualify people with less manpower needed. If that doesn't really work out, we could have a max limit for each test, and maybe set it during a specific day, whereas only people who are active (with that tab if it is applied) are allowed into the 'Examination Hall'...

Last edited:
Level 19
Exactly, and besides the awards we could include their qualifications too, so as to make it easier for Map Making People Who Are Hiring to choose, rather than asking them about what they know (and some actually lie about it)...

PS: I edited my above post, you might want to read it again...

Level 15
so a tag that says your job and how good you are? wouldn't that be extremely annoying to some people?, being more request-er friendly? i'd like an option to taking resource requests y/n at least, i don't mind but i know more than half of modellers don't like to take requests.

so a tag that says your job and how good you are? wouldn't that be extremely annoying to some people?, being more request-er friendly? i'd like an option to taking resource requests y/n at least, i don't mind but i know more than half of modellers don't like to take requests.

In Nazi Germany they tagged people for what they had done or what groups they were a part of. You know exactly where that went

Level 45
Im confused o.0
Isnt this enough for a so called tag about rl stuff on your user profile?:
About Kimberly:
Biography
Occupation

Also, Ralle has a log somewhere that can list user activity as a graph. However, I dont think its needed for leisure, it should be a staff thing to know who is actually around doing their job.

Level 19
Clarification ~

Im confused o.0
Isnt this enough for a so called tag about rl stuff on your user profile?:
About Kimberly:
Biography
Occupation

Also, Ralle has a log somewhere that can list user activity as a graph. However, I dont think its needed for leisure, it should be a staff thing to know who is actually around doing their job.

No not that, what I meant was a tag to tell people how good you are with map making for the different aspects of it (terraining, modeling, etc.) to make it easier for people who are hiring to choose. You should still be allowed to choose people with no qualifications if you want, but the tag is just for identification purposes...

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

If you want to hire a modder for your mod project you will anyway be looking at their resources to evaluate them. An index of how "good" a modder is would only indicate which modder is the most popular within this community and not necessarily within the field your mod will be. Thus it would be of little value to one who hires. Additionally, if the goal is that you WANT to be hired, then I suggest you make such indications elsewhere - in your signature, user title or add a message for each message. Similarly people who are hiring should announce that in their signature or user title. There is no need for these tags.

An alternative though, that could be a little more fun, would be an annual public evaluation where ten candidates within each modding category (modelling, texturing, terrain, spells, map, campaign, systems and projects) are nominated by the moderators within each category, and a winner is voted forth by the community.

Level 21
No need to apologize. Your intentions were good and ideas are useful but keeping peoples activity is hard.

But I think there was a site with that. Users would have like bar that would get lower or higher depending on how long use was logged.

These are just requests, you guys may say no to them . . .

1. I was wondering if we could add a more realistic way of modding in Hive Workshop... Just like our qualifications in real life, how about we put a tab on each player to tell everyone if they're experienced in the different tasks (such as modeling, terraining, and etc.) to make it easier for people to volunteer in helping to make maps, and to make it easier in other events too. Maybe if we can't really tell whether who is good or not, we could make up just a little task for everyone to do, if they pass, they'll get certain qualifications. Sorry if I asked a little of the impossible...

2. We could make a tab for active users in Hive, and state how active they are so that we can easily identify people who use Hive often, it should be good for participation purposes...

3. This is something like the one I mentioned in 1., the contest-participation tab isn't bad though, but we could add that qualification tab too for easy identification, and at least you'll be recognized as a [Whatever The Qualification Is]. Maybe to test us, we could hold some sort of an examination every once in a while, either in a Difficult Un-Cheatable Multiple Choice style or a Task To Do An Example Of [What You're Being Tested For] kind of way, that way, we could easily qualify people with less manpower needed. If that doesn't really work out, we could have a max limit for each test, and maybe set it during a specific day, whereas only people who are active (with that tab if it is applied) are allowed into the 'Examination Hall'...

You mean something on the users page (like mine is http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/thelifelessone/), that tells people what (in terms of the WC3/SC2 editors) they're capable of?

It's a good concept, but without some way to physically test the members, then it won't be a very popular idea, because someone could just put in fake info.

are people just that lazy as to look at "about me" and take a look at their resources to see what they do? And a whole explosion of users will come to kill the best guys with way too many requests to count.

We have one. start looking at the site before you say these things? oh and its also called a chatroom.

Wtf would this be for??

Level 4
We could give them exp on certain fields based on submissions, aka an approved submission is worthy, say, 5 points :D

And he can get awards and stuff... And mods should be able to screw around with an user's points xP

Level and Experience tabs would be nice. it would encourage people to be more active.

I agree with this. it would help THW Team to find possible future staff and other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.