• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Visual Tab Element Editor Thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
So.. for the new tabs, it'd be really awesome if you could add a tabs button to the post. When you click on it, it places a new tab wherever. From there, you can do blank tab button at end of element to add new tabs and then type in the boxes of those tabs. This would make organizing the post much more easier. Posts can get extremely long, and finding info in those very long posts is extremely tedious. Doing this will make editing *much* easier.

Ofc, tabs, as another post said, should be able to be either vertical or horizontal : ).

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
It's not so easy to modify the editor. I will have to take a look at that some time in the future. About vertical tabs. I have been thinking about a more generic system. One where you create a trigger and then a box. The box will be hidden and the trigger will display the contents of the box while hiding other boxes in the same box group. Let me show how I would make the old tab system using my idea:

[table]
[trigger=mytabs1;sometab1]Show tab one[/trigger]
[c]
[trigger=mytabs1;someothertab]Show tab two[/trigger]
[/table]

[table]
[box=mytabs1;sometab1]This content is of a tab[/box]
[box=mytabs1;someothertab]This is the content of the second tab[/box]
[/table]

When clicking a tab, for example "Show tab one", it would first hide all boxes with the group "mytabs1" and then show "sometab1". By having groups, you can still have multiple tab systems in one post.

I am sure you can imagine how sidetabs would then work.
This is sort of complex, but would allow for anything to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.