• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

a little story+ a couple of questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello every body
me and my friends discovers Gaias about 2 years ago
and it was one of the best RPG's we played
we finished it a coupel of times' and we played even at the early versions where you could not go past some areas, and we waited eagerly for the main city to be completed
and after the big update- the one with the second jobs and D3
we kinnda left the game mainly because of some talking in the forum from the creators about leaving the project-we were super disapointed
but a week ago one of us downloaded the newest version and we started playing agian :)
and it reminded to me in the 1st place why i FKN love this game
the music, the texturing( A GREAT JOB seriously it is totally "sucking" you into the game)
all the charecters and the jobs, and esspecialy the clothing system
hell' even the quests are great
and the backround story is just awsome!!!
this is one hell of a RPG and the creators have done a great job!
i hope someday you will make this little WC3 Map to a seperate MORPG that would just be great :)
also i have a couple of questions

back than you were talking about changing the inventory system, so the File will weight less and you cold store more data' cos of 7 Mb limit
and the save codes; will some day the will be transfereble from different versions?i mean from 1.1 to 1.2 etc.
and the last one,
will there be a serious improvenent/ update and new palaces in the neer futer?

Thanks for all your hard work creators, and sorry for my bad english :(
:ogre_haosis:

Level 10
To answer your first question I believe you are talking about his idea back a few months ago of incorporating a full screen inventory system like TKOK? He had some screenshots of it, but to the best of my knowledge he decided not to implement it after all because he didn't like the mechanics of the full screen inventory system.

As for your other question there are currently two known versions that us Gaias players can expect to see in the future: 1.1j & 1.2. 1.1j will offer some bug fixes, some system mechanics reworked such as the mana system, one new spell per each class (a total of 10), a world boss, and some other things I'm sure. This verison is only a few weeks away at most. Version 1.2 is going to be a much larger update which many Gaiaians are looking forward to. It will contain a fourth floating jungle themed dungeon similar to the terrain in the movie Avatar, new questing zones, max level 50 obtainable, 2 more new spells per each class on top of the 10 new spells being introduced in 1.1j (A total of 30 new spells by 1.2) and much much more.

So as you can see the map is in full swing again :]

Thanks for sharing your story with us. From time to time I really love to read oppinions from players that played one of the earlier versions of Gaias and have some kind of comparing view about it. There has been a lot of changes since the early versions of Gaias and I'm pretty happy about how we managed to do all that and how it turned out in the end.
With the new team member we have now, we are able to bring new life to the entire map and also our motivation to work on this project.

About your question with the full screen inventory:
Als Soulseeker already said, I did once experiment with a fullscreen inventory but discarded the idea after a while. I was simply never satisfied with the performance and outcome of this project. I like the bag system as it is now. It feels warcrafty, it's intuitive and it's fast like hell. Sure, full screen systems would come with some advantages ... but I think deep inside the heart everyone dislikes full screen systems for being laggy as hell. :)

Level 4
full screen invetories are slow, unfunctional and ugly.. at least the ones from TKOK. bag system is great and i really like that u have to pick ur stuff wisely, u cant carry 4 diff weapons because u simply wont have room to loot stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.