• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A couple of questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi, I had some questions

First: I made an icon and I used it in the game.
It works perfect on the first level, but when I want
to upgrade the spell to level 2, there is a green
space where the icon has to be.

And Second: How can I place trees with owls of the
Sentinel Ability?

Rep for the helper of course!:grin:

Last edited:
Level 15
Each icon has 2 version of it.
Import both of them and use the following paths:
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNxxxxxxxxxx.blp
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTNxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.blp

where xxxxxxxx is your icon's name.

For the second one just create the "owl" special effect on a tree.
Example:
Event - map init
Conditions -
Actions - Destructible - Pick every destructible in (Playable map area) and do (Actions)
loop actions
create X special effect
destroy last created special effect

Level 14
I think he's wanting to make the actual Sentinel Ability on the tree, i.e. gives sight and invisibility detection along with being dispellable from the tree.

To do this, you would need to create a Dummy Unit that will cast the Sentinel Ability (remember to remove the dummy after) on the newly created tree. Make sure the dummy unit is invisible / hidden so that it looks clean and professional.

Another cause of the green space is that you haven't specified the "learn" icon. Where you select the icon for the ability, you also need to select a Learn icon. Also, if the button is greyed out (for example, you pause the game, or don't have enough skill points, or the required level isn't met) and does not have a Disabled button, it will also create the green space. Use reason_3's advice to get the correct disabled button icon path to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.